17″ Imaging Dall Kirkham (IDK17)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The AG Optical Systems .4 meter (17 inch) F6.7 Imaging Dall Kirkham (iDK) telescope is an observatory-class imaging instrument featuring an honest 50mm flat field imaging circle free from coma, astigmatism, and field curvature. The outstanding optical performance of the 17″ iDK is made possible through the convergence of careful design, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and precise assembly. Wide field images are captured with high-contrast details and sharp stars across the entire field of view.
The AG Optical Systems 17″ iDK F6.7 optical system provides exceptional thermal stability. Low expansion optics ensure the figure and focus stability of the 17″ iDK as the temperature changes over the course of an imaging session. When combined with the rigid, thermally stable carbon fiber truss tube assembly of the 17″ iDK you can expect to spend less time focusing and more time collecting data.
AG Optical Systems iDK series carbon fiber truss optical tube assemblies make extensive use of carbon fiber composite materials, CNC-machined components, and precision collimation adjustments to provide a rigid and thermally stable platform for the low expansion optics. Three cooling fans speed the cooling of the primary mirror while primary and secondary mirror heaters can be automatically controlled by the optional Thermal Control System (TCS).
The optional, robust, digital Optec Gemini rotating focuser or Optec TCF-S3i focuser is ASCOM-compatible is capable of precision focusing and rotation while carrying heavy CCD imaging trains.
Optical Tube Assembly
- 105 lbs. carbon fiber tube assembly
- Tube length: 40.9 inches
- 17″ (.4m) low expansion substrate F6.7 optical system
- 50mm corrected imaged circle. 1 degrees
- Cooling fans and optional Thermal Control System
- Dust covers
- All CNC components, all stainless steel fasteners
- 17″ F6.7 corrected optical system with integral field corrector correcting coma, astigmatism, and field curvature
- 2884 mm focal length
- 8.3″ secondary obstruction (49% linear obstruction)
- Performance: 5 micron RMS 15mm off-axis, 6 micron RMS 25mm off-axis
- 6.75″ of back focus from Optec Gemini focuser
- 96% enhanced aluminum coatings
- Two-element permanently-aligned field corrector with broadband anti-reflection coating on all surfaces (<.5% reflectivity from 400 to 700 nm)
- 5.9″ of back focus with Optec TCF-S3i focuser installed
- Carbon fiber optical truss tube assembly
- Losmandy “D” mount dovetail
- Primary and secondary dust covers
- Primary mirror cooling fans with power cable
- Low expansion substrate optics with enhanced aluminum coatings
- All stainless steel fasteners and springs
- Backplate carrying handles
Note: Final shipping cost will be due at time of delivery.