- Fully integrated 60mm f/6.6 H-alpha telescope - 400mm focal length
- 10mm blocking filter
- Rich View tuning system
- Double Stacked for sub 0.5 angstrom bandpass
- Sol Ranger finder scope
The Coronado SolarMax II 60mm Solar Telescope with RichView system. Includes 10mm Blocking Filter. This double stacked unit excels at observation of solar surface detail with a < 0.5 angstrom bandpass. Features two H-alpha etalon filters, one internal and one external.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
Used around the world by serious solar enthusiasts and professional research facilities alike for observation of surface detail and prominences on the Sun in hydrogen-alpha (Ha) light. Powerful but very portable, this high-resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging.
The Coronado II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the revolutionary RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb.
This fully integrated double stack system has the added advantage of being able to operate at a less restrictive < .7A bandwidth by simply removing the external etalon. In this way image brightness is increased, enhancing the visibility of fainter limb detail.
The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 60mm personal solar observatory features an 400mm focal length, f/6.6 focal ratio. Includes mounting rings with ¼-20 tapped holes, Cemax 25mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and carry case. Dovetail rail, mount, and tripod required (sold separately).
Coronado assures that all solar filters and solar telescopes are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Solar
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 60mm
- Focal length: 400mm
- Focal ratio: f/6.6
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Eyepieces: Cemax 25.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 16x
- Resolving power: 1.90arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 9x
- Highest useful magnification: 120x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 120x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 11.6
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: Sol Ranger
- Diagonal degrees: 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type: Optical Tube without Mount
- Weight, optical tube: 6.0 lbs.
- T-max tuner: Yes
- Additional included accessories: Mounting rings and carry case
- Other features: 0.5 angstrom
- Warranty: Five year
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.