- New ED doublet apochromatic optical design
- New lightweight, compact design perfect for wide field astrophotography
- New optical design featuring our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™)
- 62mm aperture
- 400mm focal length
- Fast f/6.45 focal ratio
- One ED element with matched optics
- Adjustable dew shield protects against stray light and condensation on the lens
- Clamshell mounting system with dual finderscope brackets
- 2.4-inch 11:1 precision dual-speed rack-and-pinion style focuser for better load capacity
- V-style dovetail fits most mounts
- Optional reducer/corrector (360mm at F/5.8)
- Hard case included for your travel or storage needs
Building on the foundation of the popular Evostar line of refractors, Sky-Watcher has developed the all new Evolux. Designed for the savvy astrophotographer looking for a lightweight scope that still packs a punch with key upgrades in the optics and the mechanics, Evolux is a perfect fit for a widefield grab and go setup.
Sky-Watcher’s Evolux apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The lens assembly utilizes a proprietary combination of matched lenses, delivering tack-sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies. All ED glass elements feature our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™), virtually eliminating all false color while the adjustable dew shield prevents stray light and condensation from affecting your photography.
Evolux comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with a 2.4-inch dual-speed rack-and-pinion-style focuser, dual finderscope brackets, a V-style dovetail, clamshell ring, adjustable dew shield, and the optional reducer/corrector.
|ED Doublet (Air Spaced)
|Diffraction limited (1/4 wave)
|Primary Aperture (mm)
|Focal Length (mm)
|2.4" Dual Speed (11:1) Rack & Pinion
|Retractable dew shield
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)
|Dew Shield diameter (mm)
|OTA Weight (with accessories)
|Optional Corrector/Reducer Specifications
|Evolux 62ED 0.9x reducer kit
|Optional Corrector/Reducer SKU
|Reduction (reducer only)
|Corrector - insertable or thread-on
|Corrector thread size
|M56x1 female/M48 male
|Corrector back focus
|Corrector illuminated field
|Includes one ED element
|F/Ratio with reducer installed
|Focal Length with reducer installed
|Corrector adapter needed?
|Corrector allow for 2" filters?
|No (Adapter included with reducer)
|Flattener or Corrector
|14.25" x 9.5" x 6.5"
|18" x 13" x 10"