- Fully integrated 90mm f/8.8 H-alpha telescope - 800mm focal length
- 15mm blocking filter
- Rich View tuning system
- Double Stacked for sub 0.5 angstrom bandpass
- Sol Ranger finder scope
The Coronado SolarMax II 90mm Solar Telescope with RichView system. Includes 15mm Blocking Filter. The incredible Coronado SolarMax 90 series is the largest and highest resolution H-alpha (Ha) system we offer and includes the patented RichView tuning system. This double stacked unit excels at observation of solar surface detail with a sub 0.5 angstrom bandpass. Features two H-alpha etalon filters, one internal and one external, to provide a narrower bandpass and higher contrast images.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
Used around the world by serious solar enthusiasts and professional research facilities alike for observation of surface detail and prominences on the Sun in hydrogen-alpha (Ha) light. Powerful and portable, this high-resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging.
The Coronado II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the revolutionary RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. You can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb.
This fully integrated double stack system has the added advantage of being able to operate at a less restrictive < 0.7A bandwidth by simply removing the external etalon. In this way image brightness is increased, enhancing the visibility of fainter limb detail. The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 90mm personal solar observatory features an 800mm focal length, f/8.8 focal ratio. Includes mounting rings with ¼-20 tapped holes, Sol Ranger finder scope, Cemax eyepieces, and travel case. Dovetail rail, tripod, and mount required (sold separately).
Coronado assures that all solar filters and solar telescopes are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Solar
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 90mm
- Focal length: 800mm
- Focal ratio: f/8.8
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Eyepieces: Cemax 25.0mm,12.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 16x, 67x
- Resolving power: 1.28arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 13x
- Highest useful magnification: 180x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 180x
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: Sol Ranger
- Diagonal degrees: 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type: Optical Tube without Mount
- T-max tuner: Yes
- Additional included accessories: Coronado CEMAX 12mm, 18mm, 25mm, & 2x Barlow Lens, Mounting rings, Sol Ranger finder scope, Travel Case
- Other features: 0.5 angstrom bandpass
- Warranty: Five year