LS100THa Pressure-Tuned Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS100THa is a complete solar telescope. This refractor-based system has a precision-aligned singlet chromatic lens with a 102 mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces the stray light over an achromat by half. With the matched collimation lens set, it also fully corrects on-axis coma, astigmatism and de-centering aberrations, and provides a full spherically corrected flat-field solar telescope. The focal length is 714 mm, for an f/ratio of 7. Course focus adjustment is via a slide tube. Focusing is achieved with a high precision 2″ Starlight Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction as standard equipment. An internal etalon with tune adjustment allows for a < 0.7 angstrom bandpass.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS100THa Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 102 mm
- Etalon: Internal < 0.7 angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2″ Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube diameter: 121 mm
- Tube length with blocking filter: 634 mm
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 12.2 lb
- Optical tube with 2″ Feather Touch focuser with 2.5″ travel
- B1200, B1800 or B 3400 Blocking Filter
- Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 12″ Dovetail
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
Choose an LS100THa with the blocking filter that is right for you:
- B1200 – for visual use
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
- No Blocking Filter – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
Looking at the Sun?
More Solar items >