1.25" Mars Observing Eyepiece Filter (94310)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
In 2003 Mars was closer to the Earth and brighter in our sky than in nearly 60,000 years! In 2018 Mars will once again make a close approach, the best since 2003 and until 2050! For about 2 months, Mars will become the third brightest object in the night sky, after only the Moon and Venus (July 7th to September 7th)Mars opposition will occur on July 27th. Close approach for Mars will be a few days later on July 31st.
Mars will be viewable through most of the summer, with good observing from June into September. Jupiter and Saturn will also be observable for much of the summer. Like 2003, the media will be running the Mars story heavily and both telescope and accessory sales will experience a major demand spike! Mars can be observed through any telescope, but more detail will be seen through larger telescopes. Accessories like filters and Barlow lenses will help magnify and bring out detail in the Martian surface.
• Specialized premium Mars filter designed to bring out subtle details in the Martian surface
• Glass filter contains multiple coatings to maximize light transmission in specific wavelengths
• Mars filter improves contrast to help observe subtle surface details
• Can be used with telescopes of all sizes, even smaller telescopes
• 1.25” filter will fit most telescope eyepieces, diagonals and accessories
• Metal filter housing for durability