105mm f/6 Refractor
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The 105mm is a fast and portable refractor, aimed at travelers. It is recommended for beginners looking at high quality entry into the hobby, for astrophotographers, for eclipse chasers, for daytime observing and photography.
Choose from a variety of focuser options (either Moonlite or Starlight Instruments) as well as the back focus. For the back focus, choose from either 180mm or 220mm. 180mm is geared more toward visual observers while 220mm is geared more toward imaging applications. The extra back focus for the 220mm option provides greater flexibility when using reducers with the telescope, but does require a 50mm (approximately) spacer (not included) to reach focus visually.
Clear aperture - 105 mm
Focal length - 630 mm
From CFF Optical Designer, Pal Gyulai:
"All our objectives are guaranteed to have a minimum of .96 Strehl in green light and are optimized for the wavelengths where eye is most sensitive, 555 - 560 nm.
· Manufacturing specifications:
- Strehl ratio better than 96% at 532 nm.
- Wave front error p.t.v. is no more than 0.166 of wave-length at 532 nm.
- Surface finish: IV class according to 11141-84
· Dimensions of scratches and points/inclusions shall not exceed the following values:
· Scratches with less than 0.02mm width:
- Number of scratches: less than 0.1 clear aperture
- Total length of scratches: less than 1 clear aperture.
· Points with less than 0.3mm diameter:
- Number of points: less than 0.25 clear aperture
· Total area of all defects: less than 0.05 clear aperture (mm2)
· Multiple layer coatings on front and back surfaces. Reflectivity = 0.25%/surface.
· Slight color variations in the light reflected from anti-reflection coatings are allowed.
· Bubbles and inclusions in glass material are allowed under 0.5mm diameter. Maximum number of bubbles and inclusions is 2 pieces per lens. Bubbles and inclusions under 0.03mm diameter are disregarded."
Minimum Length - 495 mm
Maximum Length - 605 mm
Back-focus - 180 mm/220mm
Tube diameter - 114 mm
Dewshield diameter - 144 mm
Weight - 5.9 kgs, including rings
Please select your focuser at time of order. You have a choice of either a 2.5" or 3" Starlight FeatherTouch Focuser (both with 89mm of travel), a Starlight FeatherTouch True 3" Focuser, or a 2.5" Moonlite Focuser with DC Motor and Hand Controller.
Accessories included in the price: CNC rings, flight case.
- Field Corrector -> Corrected Field = 52 mm
- Dovetail, Losmandy Type
- Handle, paired with Dovetail
Price is inclusive of import costs.