105mm Refractor - Super Planetary Series
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The 105mm Super Planetary Series is similar to the standard 105mm f/6, but with a longer focal length and slower f/ratio. These scopes are recommended for beginners looking at high quality entry into the hobby, specifically for those interested in planetary viewing and astrophotography.
Clear aperture - 105 mm
Focal length - 730 mm; Focal ratio - 7*
Focal length - 915 mm; Focal ratio - 8.7 - Super Planetary Series *
Focal length - 1050 mm; Focal ratio - 10 - Super Planetary Series *
From CFF Optical Designer, Pal Gyulai:
"All our objectives are guaranteed to have a minimum of .96 Strehl in green light and are optimized for the wavelengths where eye is most sensitive, 555 - 560 nm.
· Manufacturing specifications:
- Strehl ratio better than 96% at 532 nm.
- Wave front error p.t.v. is no more than 0.166 of wave-length at 532 nm.
- Surface finish: IV class according to 11141-84
· Dimensions of scratches and points/inclusions shall not exceed the following values:
· Scratches with less than 0.02mm width:
- Number of scratches: less than 0.1 clear aperture
- Total length of scratches: less than 1 clear aperture.
· Points with less than 0.3mm diameter:
- Number of points: less than 0.25 clear aperture
· Total area of all defects: less than 0.05 clear aperture (mm2)
· Multiple layer coatings on front and back surfaces. Reflectivity = 0.25%/surface.
· Slight color variations in the light reflected from anti-reflection coatings are allowed.
· Bubbles and inclusions in glass material are allowed under 0.5mm diameter. Maximum number of bubbles and inclusions is 2 pieces per lens. Bubbles and inclusions under 0.03mm diameter are disregarded."
Minimum length - from 495 mm (fully retracted dew shield)*
Maximum length - up to 1025 mm (fully extended dew shield)*
Back-focus - 180 to 220 mm (on request);
Tube diameter - 114 mm;
Dew shield diameter - 135 mm;
Weight - from 5.9 kg, including rings *
Please select your focal length and focuser at time of order. You have a choice of either a 2", 2.5", or 3" Starlight FeatherTouch Focuser (both with 89mm of travel) or a 2.5" Moonlite Focuser with DC Motor and Hand Controller. Please note that f8.7 and f10 models are offered standard only with 3'' Starlight focuser.
Accessories included in the price: CNC rings, flight case.
- Field Corrector -> Corrected Field = 52 mm
- Dovetail, Losmandy Type
- Handle, paired with Dovetail
Price is inclusive of import costs.
* Minimum and Maximum Length values are dependent on focal ratio and back-focus value chosen;
* Weight may vary from version to version, depending on back-focus, focuser type;
* f8.7 and f10 models are offered standard only with 2.5'' Starlight focuser;
* clear aperture for f7, f8.7 and f10 models might be lower (102 mm), depending on raw glass diameter.