140mm f/6.5 Refractor
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
Medium size refractor that is targeting both visual astronomers, interested in top quality planetary views, as well as imagers, demanding top-quality performance. Delivers contrasty, sharp images of planets and deep sky objects. Highly portable f6.5 version, with machined baffles and sliding dew shield, can be compacted down to 32''/800 mm length for easy transport to your preferred observing site.
Clear aperture - 140 mm
Focal length - 915 mm
From CFF Optical Designer, Pal Gyulai:
"All our objectives are guaranteed to have a minimum of .96 Strehl in green light and are optimized for the wavelengths where eye is most sensitive, 555 - 560 nm.
· Manufacturing specifications:
- Strehl ratio better than 96% at 532 nm.
- Wave front error p.t.v. is no more than 0.166 of wave-length at 532 nm.
- Surface finish: IV class according to 11141-84
· Dimensions of scratches and points/inclusions shall not exceed the following values:
· Scratches with less than 0.02mm width:
- Number of scratches: less than 0.1 clear aperture
- Total length of scratches: less than 1 clear aperture.
· Points with less than 0.3mm diameter:
- Number of points: less than 0.25 clear aperture
· Total area of all defects: less than 0.05 clear aperture (mm2)
· Multiple layer coatings on front and back surfaces. Reflectivity = 0.25%/surface.
· Slight color variations in the light reflected from anti-reflection coatings are allowed.
· Bubbles and inclusions in glass material are allowed under 0.5mm diameter. Maximum number of bubbles and inclusions is 2 pieces per lens. Bubbles and inclusions under 0.03mm diameter are disregarded."
Minimum length - from 780 mm (fully retracted dew shield)*
Maximum length - up to 1340 mm (fully extended dew shield)*
Back-focus - 180 to 220 mm (on request);
Tube diameter - 145 mm;
Dew shield diameter - 164 mm;
Weight - 10 kg, including rings*
Please choose your focuser at time of order. You have a choice between a 2.5", 3", or 3.5" Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser.
Accessories included in the price: CNC rings, flight case.
Price is inclusive of import costs.
* Weight may vary from version to version, depending on back-focus, focuser type;