- Solidly built 6" reflector telescope and LX85 equatorial mount is a great choice for visual or astrophotographic forays into deep space
- Precision-made 150mm (6") parabolic primary mirror reflector telescope with fast 610mm focal length (f/4.1) will provide years of enjoyment
- LX85 equatorial mount and tripod with GoTo slewing and tracking, and AudioStar controller for automatic pointing to over 30,000 night sky objects
- Requires 12v DC power source, or AC-DC power inverter
- Includes robust 2" dual speed linear bearing Crayford focuser with 1.25" adapter, 8x50 finder scope, 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 2" diameter steel leg tripod, and more!
The Meade 6” f/4 LX85 astrograph reflector telescope is a compact wide field telescope, sitting on top of the precision made and highly stable LX85 equatorial mount and tripod. Features a fast f/4.1 optical system, this telescope and mount combination is perfect for taking high resolution images of the night sky with very short exposures, or simply automatically locating and tracking your favorite deep-sky objects as they drift overhead throughout the night.
With a 610mm focal length, pairing this telescope with a DSLR or other astro camera will yield a spectacularly wide field of view, perfect for framing some of those “showpiece” deep-sky objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy or the Orion Nebula. And with the 2” linear bearing Crayford focuser, try pairing a low power 2” eyepiece to this telescope – the views will knock your socks off! The focuser features a 10:1 reduction fine focus knob, brass compression rings (so you don’t mar the barrel of your eyepieces or camera adapters) and a 2” to 1.25” step down adapter (also with a brass compression ring).
The LX85 mount features fully automated GoTo slewing to (and tracking of) over 30,000 objects in the night sky. This stable mount can impressively handle slight load imbalances with ease. With its built-in integer gearing motor drive, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using Meade’s Smart Drive feature for recording permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). Seamlessly image the best parts of the night sky without having to worry about performing a meridian flip. The LX85 mount also includes an integrated autoguider port to readily connect to your autoguider camera, making your astro-imaging experience easy and straightforward.
With the included AudioStar hand controller you have easy access to over 30,000 objects that you can view with a simple press of a button! AudioStar Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you view!
The Meade AudioStar features audio files and an internal speaker. This computerized celestial object locating system plugs into the telescope's handbox port allowing a quick telescope alignment. Once aligned with the sky, the AudioStar is ready to take you to any object in the over 30,000 object database. In addition to GoTo and tracking capability, the AudioStar permits a wide array of fascinating and educational functions such as multiple Guided Tours, digital positional readouts, the ability to link with a PC using optionally available software and cord, and much more.
This complete telescope package includes a 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope with crosshairs, 2” diameter eyepiece extension tube, hinged tube rings, Vixen-style dovetail rail, tripod accessory tray, 25’ DC power cable, 9-pound counterweight, and AutoStar Suite software available as a download. Weighs 45.5 lbs fully assembled.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Brighter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Deep sky
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level: Intermediate
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 152mm
- Focal length: 610mm
- Focal ratio: f/4.1
- Coatings: Enhanced aluminum
- Backfocus Distance: 77.1mm
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: BK-7
- Eyepieces: Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 23x
- Resolving power: 0.77arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 21x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 300x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 13.5
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: 8x50
- Focuser: 2" dual-speed linear bearing Crayford
- Mount type: Equatorial
- Tube material: Steel
- Length of optical tube: 22.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 9.9 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece, 2" diameter 35mm long eyepiece extension tube, 25' DC power cable
- Other features: Dual speed linear bearing Crayford focuser, Smart Drive w/ Permanent Periodic Error Correction, AudioStar Controller with multiple guided tours
- Warranty: Two year