Convergent FA14 (CFA14)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The AG Optical Systems Convergent Fast Astrograph .35 meter (14.5 inch) F5 telescope is an observatory-class imaging instrument featuring a huge 60mm flat field free from astigmatism and coma. The outstanding optical performance of the FA14 is made possible through the convergence of careful design, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and precise assembly. Wide field images are captured with high-contrast details and sharp stars across the entire field of view.
The AG Optical Systems FA14 F5 optical system provides exceptional thermal stability. Low expansion optics ensure the figure and focus stability of the Convergent FA14 as the temperature changes over the course of an imaging session. When combined with the rigid, thermally stable carbon fiber truss tube assembly of the FA14 you can expect to spend less time focusing and more time collecting data.
AG Optical Systems FA series carbon fiber truss optical tube assemblies make extensive use of carbon fiber composite materials, CNC-machined components, and precision collimation adjustments to provide a rigid and thermally stable platform for the low expansion optics. Three cooling fans speed the cooling of the primary mirror while primary and secondary mirror heaters can be automatically controlled by the optional Thermal Control System (TCS).
The optional, robust, digital Optec Gemini rotating focuser is ASCOM-compatible is capable of precision focusing and rotation while carrying heavy CCD imaging trains
- 52 lbs. carbon fiber tube assembly
- Tube length: 30.25 inches
- 14.5″ (.35m) low expansion substrate F5 optical system
- 60mm corrected imaged circle, 1.9 degrees
- Cooling fans and optional Thermal Control System
- Dust covers
- All CNC components, all stainless steel fasteners
- 14.5″ F5 corrected optical system with integral field corrector
- 1841mm focal length
- 8.25″ secondary obstruction (57% linear obstruction)
- Performance: 5.5 micron RMS 15mm off-axis, 7 micron RMS 25mm off-axis
- 6.45″ of back focus from Optec Gemini focuser
- 96% enhanced aluminum coatings