Dual-Axis Motor Drive for CG-4 Mounts (93522) - Open Box
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
- This motor drive kit has never been used, and is still wrapped in all of it's original packaging. The box has been opened, but that is all! Grab a great deal on making your CG-4 motorized.
- Install this DA motor drive on your CG-4 equatorial mount and open the door for astrophotography!
- Dual-axis drive motors track the stars as they move across the sky.
- The three-speed drive corrector lets you make tracking adjustments in all four directions.
- Can be used in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere.
- DC motor drive uses four D-cell batteries (user supplied).
Add tracking and tracking correction capabilities to any setup that uses a Celestron CG-4 equatorial mount. The right ascension motor drive allows the telescope to track a star’s movement through the night sky, and the addition of a declination motor gives you the ability to make adjustments in all four directions with the included drive corrector hand controller.
With this drive system mounted on a properly polar-aligned telescope, the user can do visual observations or sketches without objects constantly drifting out of the field if view. Astrophotography is also possible when a mount has dual-axis drive with drive corrector capabilities.
The Celestron dual-axis motor drive system is powered by four D-cell batteries in a self-contained battery pack. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor’s direction), simply flip the “N/Off/S” switch on the drive corrector hand controller.
The drive corrector hand controller can be used to move the telescope at different speeds. This is achieved by choosing the desired speed on a switch marked “2x/4x/8x.” Twice the sidereal rate, or 2x, is used for guiding on a star when doing astrophotography. The 4x speed is used to center objects in the eyepiece. The 8x speed can be used for centering objects in the finderscope as well as the eyepiece.
This package includes an RA and Dec motor, clutch, mounting brackets and hardware, drive corrector hand controller, and power pack.