Check out the rest of Celestron's EclipSmart Collection today!
- ISO-CERTIFIED SOLAR TELESCOPE FILTER: Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun.
- WORKS WITH YOUR EXISTING TELESCOPE: Compatible with Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ, Astro Fi 130, NexStar 130SLT, Omni XLT AZ 130, SkyProdigy 130, StarSense Explorer LT 127AZ, and StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ telescopes.
- SAFE, SNUG FIT: Two hook and loop straps keep your filter securely attached to your telescope’s objective. A safety cap protects the outer surface of the filter when not in use.
- SOLAR FILM MADE IN THE USA: Our Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing.
- GREAT VIEWS AND IMAGES: This filter features an orange tint, producing a natural look perfect for visual observing and capturing images through your telescope.
Turn your Celestron telescope into a solar scope! The EclipSmart Eclipse Solar Filter is a must-have accessory perfect for viewing the Sun and eclipses like the upcoming 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse and 2024 Total Solar Eclipse. Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, ISO-certified Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart products comply with the latest ISO 12312-2 standards. This solar filter is custom designed for the following Celestron telescope models: PowerSeeker 127, Astro Fi 130, NexStar 130SLT, Omni XLT AZ 130, StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ, StarSense Explorer LT 127AZ (International Exclusive) and SkyProdigy 130. Two hook and loop straps securely hold the filter in place for a safe, snug fit.
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology—the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Important safety note: inspect your filter before every use. Do not use and discard if damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way.
|Telescope Compatibility:||StarSense Explorer LT 127, PowerSeeker 127EQ, Astro Fi 130, NexStar 130SLT, Omni XLT AZ 130, and SkyProdigy 130 models
***Note: This is not for use with the AstroMaster 130 models***
|Filter diameter (external):||149.6mm (5.88")|
|Filter diameter (internal):||N/A|
|Filter thickness:||28mm (1.10")|
|Filter clear aperture:||58mm (2.28")|
|Weight of filter:||5.99 oz (170 g)|
|Solar image color:||Orange|
|Filter material:||Scratch resistant polymer produced by American Paper Optics|
|Nylon safety straps:||(2) 25.4mm x 101mm (1" x 4") hook and loop straps, (4) 25.4mm x25.4mm (1" x 1") hook and loop Tabs|
|California Residents||View Proposition 65 Warning|