The updated Losmandy polar scope will allow you to quickly align your mount on the pole stars to ensure greater tracking accuracy throughout your observing session. The reticle was designed for use in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
The updated reticle is marked for epochs 2005 through 2030 and has been improved for users in the southern hemisphere. Even users of the GTO computerized mounts will find these polar scopes useful, particularly if your telescope is not orthogonal to the mount.
The PASILL4 unit threads into the base of the polar axis of all past and present models of the 400, 600, 600E, 800, 900, 1200 andMach1GTO German Equatorial heads (except the first black 1200 mounts that were produced), where as the PASILL4-179 is designed specifically for the 1.79" opening of the 1100GTO and 1600GTO. The illuminator, with red LED, allows you to see the reticle at night. It can be powered three ways:
- AA batteries with battery pack (shown in 2nd photo)
- Cable that plugs directly into mount (shown in 3rd photo), 800 mounts require part #E0187 (RCA phono to 3.5mm adapter)
- Connected to the Astro Electric Polar Scope Dimmer Controller (AEDIM)
- Polar alignment scope with two covers
- Reticle illuminator with short cable
- Battery pouch with two AA batteries
- 27.5" cable to power the reticle from your mount (CABPAS3 or CABPAS4)
- 0.9mm wrench
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.