OWB-CCD Type 3 Filters
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without inbuilt IR-filter) in order to be used for 'terrestrial' photography.
Astronomik has re-designed all of our photographic filters. Since the end of 2008 they are shipping their new "Halo-Free" filters.
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astrophotography. Therefore the decision, which in former times had to be made, whether to 'victimize' a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum it is now a thing of the past and disencumber your purse, too.
The OWB EOS Clip filter fits in all APS-C sized series of cameras from Canon: 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 7D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D and it also works with the 1000D, 1100D and 100D..
DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing the inbuilt IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unable for 'terrestrial' purpose. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to the former range. In other words: The OWB pretend to be the conventional built-in filter!
- Visual observation (dark skies): Unsuitable
- Visual observation (urban skies): Unsuitable
- Film photography: Unsuitable
- CCD photography: Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (original): Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Unsuitable
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (removed or substituted inbuilt IR-filter) to achieve standard colour space in digital imaging.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box