Paramount Pedigree in an Equatorial Fork Design
- The Software Bisque Paramount Taurus™ equatorial fork mount is now available from Cloud Break Optics in four models:
- Taurus Model 400 (without on-axis encoders) 17 inch (0.4 m) optical tube assemblies (OTAs) weighing up to 150 pounds (70 kg)
- Taurus Model 400 OAE (with on-axis encoders) 17 inch (0.4 m) optical tube assemblies (OTAs) weighing up to 150 pounds (70 kg)
- Taurus Model 500 carries 20 inch (0.5 m) OTAs weighing up to 400 pounds (180 kg)
- Taurus Model 600 carries 24 inch (0.6 m) OTAs weighing up to 400 pounds (180 kg)
- Mounts disassemble into five separate components, each weighing less than 90lbs/41kgs
- Sub-0.1 arcsecond resolution absolute on-axis encoders ensure optimal performance
- Integrated azimuth and elevation polar alignment adjustments
- Fourth-generation control system featuring a USB 2.0 computer to mount interface
- Belt-Driven gears with spring-loaded worm interface results in virtually zero backlash
- Ample space for additional through the mount and fork-routed cabling
- All standard electronics and through the mount wiring are housed inside the mount
- Power supply and PC to mount cabling is included
- TheSkyX Pro with Add-on Feature ProTrack™, Direct Guide™, Super Model™, All Sky Image Link™, Closed Loop Slews, and more!
The Taurus’ transportable design consists of five separate components, each weighing less than 100 pounds (45 kg), making it the most easily deployable mount in its class. A two-person team can fully assemble the Taurus in about one hour. The fork arms are precision machined from solid aluminum to provide exceptional accuracy and rigidity.
Note: Because of the large size and value of these mounts, they must be shipped via freight. Freight costs will be calculated and charged, along with a $300 packing fee, at time of shipping.
Please include a phone number and/or e-mail address when placing your order so that one of our equipment specialists can contact you about customization options for this mount.
Final shipping costs to be determined after checkout
*OTA and mounting pedestal pictured above are not included*Pricing on the Taurus 500 and 600 is approximate. Please call for a quote on these items.