Characteristics of Astro-Physics Piers
- Unique tension design combines rugged construction with light weight, while reducing flexure and annoying vibrations.
- Legs and tension rods attach without hardware, allowing field assembly in minutes.
- Stainless steel turnbuckles allow you to make fine adjustments for polar alignment or minor leveling.
- The center posts are constructed of aluminum tubing, the base construction is thick-wall aluminum and the legs are steel for strength.
- Aluminum and steel parts are powder coated in a black wrinkle finish.
- Astro-Physics 6", 8" and 10" Pier Accessory Trays (TRAY06) Eyepiece Accessory Trays (TRAY06H) and tray support bars (TRAYSB and TRAYSB1) keep your accessories close at hand.
- Piers may contain minor cosmetic Mount flaws, i.e. slight indentations or irregular paint pattern.
Advantages of Astro-Physics Piers
- Lightweight, breaks down into easily manageable pieces for easy transport & lifting.
- Very sturdy pier for its mass.
- Piers typically in stock for immediate shipment.
- Readily available in 6" diameter size.
- Less expensive.
- Can purchase another pier post with a different height as separate item to use with different telescope.
- Longest component is pier post which is 8" shorter than assembled height, easy to fit into your car.
- 6" Pier can be used for Losmandy G11 mount with our LM2APT Adapter.
- The 8" extension for our 6" Eagle pier (EAGLE6E8) can also be attached to our 6" diameter piers and used as a convenient way to increase the height of your setup.
Pier for 400, 600E and Mach1GTO Mounts
|height of pier||24"||54"|
|diameter of post||6"||6"|
|wall thickness of post||0.083"||0.083"|
|length of legs||25"||25"|
|weight of pier post||4 lbs||8 lbs|
|weight of pier base||6 lbs||6 lbs|
|weight of 3 legs||15 lbs||15 lbs|
|weight of 3 struts||5 lbs||5 lbs|
|total weight assembled||30 lbs||34 lbs|