● 71mm f/4.9 Astrograph.
● FPL-53 glass for colour free apochromatic performance.
● 4 elements in 3 groups (2-1-1- configuration; new, unique, patented design - not a conventional objective/flattener/reducer design).
● Covers 45mm full frame imaging circle.
● Precise helical focusing and camera rotation; includes a 48mm make thread that accepts a wide T-ring.
● Includes mounting rings, 21cm long Red Vixen style dovetail and Cat saddle.
● Weight = 6.2lbs / 2.8kg (OTA only); 8.2lbs / 3.7kg (OTA with ring, dovetail and saddle).
Welcome Cat71 to join the WO Cat family!!!
The WO Cat71 is a 71-mm f/4.9 refractor using a Petzval design with a doublet front element incorporating FPL-53 glass, plus a single central element and a single rear lens. By this design, our WO Cat71 provides a flat image plane without any additional flattener and the image circle is over 45mm. WO Cat71 is designed primarily for imaging, making it an astrograph.
This scope provides an excellent colour correction and pinpoint stars at the very edge of a 45mm image circle.
If you want to take images with the best quality, this beautiful and powerful telescope is what you want.
Four-Element Patented Design 2+1+1
Super Bright Bahtinov mask
Full frame/ APS-C compatible
The premium quality of Anodizing finish and calibrated helical focuser with 2GT gear ring which is much more precise than those on typical camera lenses, and it is lockable, making it easy to nail and maintain focus.
(2GT standard gear ring, 153 teeth, Diameter 98mm, width 8mm)
What's in the Box?
[A] M48 Dust Cap/Thread
[B] Tilt Adapter
[C] Camera Angle Rotator
[D] Rotator Tension Knob
[E] Saddle Handlebar (with two M4 thumb screws)
[F] Helical Focuser with 2GT Gear Ring
[G] Arca Swiss/Vixen Plate
[H] Mounting Rings
[I] Due Shield with Focus Tension Ring
[J] Super Bright Bahtinov Mask
[K] Soft Carry Bag