The QUADTCC was previously sold bundled with the Backfocus Spacer Extension, however the adapter is now sold separately here as outlined below.
Expand your field! Reduce your f/value, speeding up the collection of photons! And do it with pin-point stars all the way to the corners of your full frame 35 mm sensor!
In January 2022, we introduced a new version of the -element telecompressor corrector that Roland designed for the 155mm f7 StarFire. Keep in mind that this telecompressor corrector requires a 3.5" connection to your telescope, so these scopes must be updated to the appropriate focuser or adapter:
- 155mm F7 StarFire EDF. Has a 4" focuser, so will need our 4" to 3.5" Adapter with Thumbscrews for 4" Focuser (ADA435).
- 155mm F7 StarFire EDFS. Has a 2.7" focuser, so will need to upgrade to the 3.5" focuser.
- Four carefully matched glass elements are carefully figured and then coated with the very latest multi-coatings to produce this optical wonder. All mechanical parts, including the covers, are CNC machined and black anodized with a lustrous finish.
- The male threads are 3.270" x 16
Backfocus Spacers and Focuser Adapters
The following chart shows the backfocus spacing (as measured from the rear flange of the backfocus spacer) is 80.8 mm +/- 1.0 mm.
Determine the appropriate Backfocus Spacer for the telescope that you plan to use and purchase it separately. If own more than one of the telescopes listed below, you are in luck. Simply purchase the appropriate Backfocus Spacer to use the QUADTCC with that scope as well.
|Scope||Focuser or Adapter Required||Backfocus Spacer Required||Backfocus Spacing||Spacing with Backfocus Spacer||Spacing without Backfocus Spacer|
|155 f7 StarFire EDF (4" focuser)||ADA435||EXT327-16.0||16mm||80.8 mm||96.8mm|
|155 f7 StarFire EDFs (2.7" focuser)||35FOCER-FT||EXT327-16.0||16mm||80.8 mm||96.8mm|
Diagrams and Instructions:
- Field Flatteners, TCCs & QUADTCC Imaging Train Options
3.27" Spacer Rings (SRSET-327, formerly A5025SET) and 2.7" Spacer Rings (SRSET-27)
In most imaging setups it will not be necessary to modify the spacing distance. However, there may be some sensor/camera combinations that can benefit by making slight changes to this spacing. A set of three 1 mm thick spacer rings is being offered that can be used in special circumstances to modify the backfocus spacing of the Telecompressor Corrector.
Don’t be left behind in the stellar dust…
...image it faster than ever before!
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.