- Full GoTo performance in a portable Star Adventurer mount
- Lightweight equatorial mount for deep space, widefield, and nightscape astrophotography
- 11-pound payload capacity
- Multiple pre-programmed tracking rates including sidereal, solar, and lunar
- Interfaces: USB, autoguider (ST4), SynScan hand controller, and a SNAP port for DSLR shutter control programmable via free SynScan Pro app
- Control with your smartphone via Wi-Fi or with the optional SynScan hand box
- Built-in illuminated polar scope for precise alignment
- Dual counterweight positions for use at low latitudes
- Powered by eight AA batteries (not included) or external source via 2.1 DC 12v port
- V-style dovetail
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades
- 3/8-inch tripod mount
- Optional Star Adventurer GTi steel tripod and pier extension
- Optional shutter release cable and ball head adapter
Since its introduction in 2014, the Star Adventurer has been at the forefront of the lightweight, portable astroimaging revolution. And now, with the Star Adventurer GTi, we take the next step with full GoTo performance in a compact package.
The all-new Star Adventurer GTi features a built-in illuminated polar scope for precision alignment in EQ mode, ports for USB, autoguider, V-style dovetail, optional SynScan hand controller, and SNAP shutter control for your DSLR (programmable via Sky-Watcher’s free SynScan Pro app for iOS and Android). Star Adventurer GTi also includes a dual-position counterweight for use at low latitudes as well as full smartphone control via Wi-Fi.
With the added GoTo feature plus multiple tracking rates including lunar, solar, and sidereal, the heavens are yours to capture and explore.
With its 11-pound payload capacity, Star Adventurer is well-equipped to handle your DLSR or mirrorless camera sporting a wide-angle or telephoto lens plus accessories, a small aperture astrograph with a dedicated astro camera, or even small OTA’s such as our Skymax series of Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes perfect for deep space objects, the Moon, and planets.
Available in two configurations (with or without tripod and pier extension), Star Adventurer GTi is the perfect mount for the astrophotographer that wants the ultimate in both performance and portability.
|General Mount Info|
|Mount instrument capacity||11 lbs.|
|Mount head size||227mm x 227mm x 125mm|
|Tripod mounting thread||3/8|
|Mounting saddle type||V-style|
|Counterweight bar included||Yes|
|Counterweight bar retractable?||Yes, thread-on|
|Counterweight bar length and diameter||213mm and 20mm|
|Type of motor||Mini-DC Servo|
|Tracking Modes||Sidereal, Solar, Lunar|
|Latitude range||0-70 degrees|
|Computer/Drive System Info|
|Hand controller port||Yes|
|PC connect USB port||Yes|
|Power requirements||12 volt|
|Internal battery pack||Yes (8x AAs)|
|Mount power port size and style||2.1mm female|
|Counter weight||5 lbs (2.26kg)|
|Polarscope||Yes (installed and aligned)|
|Tripod Heights (Retracted/Extended)||26.75"/44.5" (68cm/113cm)|
|Tripod Weights||5.5 lbs (2.49kg)|
|Pier Extension height||8.5" (21.6cm)|
|PC link cable||Yes|
|Hand controller holder||No|
|Shipping weight||30 lbs (13.6kg) with Tripod and Pier Extension, 12 lbs (5.4kg) without|
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.