Introducing the new members of iOptron strain wave gear mount family - AZ/EQ dual mount HAE29 and HAE29EC! These light weight, high payload little titans will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. Imagine a mount head weighing in at less that 8 lbs with a payload capability 29.7lbs, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. Applying iOptron’s multi-decade experience creating precision mounts, the HAE29 brings this vision to reality.
Utilizing state of the art strain wave gear technology for the both RA and DEC movement, the HAE29s deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
A HAE29 mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
The HAE29EC features a high precision RA axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image “sans” guiding.
(Actual contents may differ from the image)
- Advanced strain wave gear system technology
- Payload capacity of 13.5 kg (29.7 lbs) with the mount weight of 3.7 kg (8.15 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
- CNC machined
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- 360 second gear period
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- Customer cable management system ready
- Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Carrying case
- Two year warranty
|Mount||Strain Wave Altazimuth/Equatorial Mount|
|RA gear system||Strain Wave Gear|
|DEC gear system||Strain Wave Gear|
|Reduction ratio||RA 480:1, DEC 360:1|
|Payload w/o CW *||29.7 lbs (13.5 kg)|
|Mount weight||8.15 lbs (3.7 kg) with dovetail saddle|
|Payload with CW*||40 lbs (18 kg)|
|Drive motor||Stepper motor|
|Structure Material||All metal, CNC machined|
|Exterior finish||Anodized black|
|Level indicator||Level bubble|
|Hand Controller||Go2Nova® 8409 with ~212,000 objects database|
|Maximum slew speed||6º/sec|
|Power consumption||0.6A(Tracking), 1A(GOTO)|
|Power||DC12V-5A (5.5/2.5mm DC plug)|
|AC adapter||100V ~ 240V (included, indoor use only)|
|Cable management||Ready for DIY|
|Power off brake||Electronic friction brake|
|Communication port||Yes (Wi-Fi and USB, via HC)|
|Autoguide port||Yes (ST-4 compatible)|
|Dovetail saddle||Vixen & Losmandy|
|Counterweight Shaft||SS Φ20X200mm, 3/8"-16 thread (Optional)|
|Counterweight||10 lbs (4.5kg)(Optional)|
|Operation temperature||-20ºC ~ 40ºC (hand controller -10ºC ~ 40ºC)|
|Warranty||Two year limited|
* 200mm, with payload center of gravity to the RA rotation axis. Or an OTA size of ~220mm.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.