The New Lunt LS100MT Modular Telescope, featuring Best in Class Resolution and Professional Grade Optics Configuration
- 7.1 Image Size
- >.65a Bandpass (Single Stack)
- >.45a Bandpass (Double Stack)
- Includes: 8″ Dovetail, New Red Dot Handle, Mounting Ring Assembly
- Starlight Feather Touch Focuser (Standard)
- Use with: Hydrogen Alpha, CaK and White Light Filters, Standard Star Diagonal (night and terrestrial use)
- 714 Focal Length
- F/7 Ratio
- Weight: 12.7lbs
Lunt LS100MT Modular Telescope
All Lunt LS100MT Modular Telescopes require a Lunt blocking filter for Day use.
Which blocking filter is right for you?
- B1200 – for visual use
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
The B1200 and B1800 Diagonals can be ordered in standard (diagonal) or straight-thru. If you don’t designate which type you want in the notes field of check out, the default order will be for standard.
View the Universe through the Lunt LS100MT Modular Telescope, Day or Night!
LS100MT Modular Telescope
The LS100MT joins the Lunt Solar Systems New Modular Telescope line up, allowing you to enjoy the full range of Astronomical Observation with only one telescope. At 100mm aperture, the LS100MT is big enough to impress in any configuration, while remaining easily transportable for use during the day or night-Enjoy, prominences, surface granulation, active regions and filaments all with a quality telescope that Lunt Solar Systems is known for providing. And with our doppler true tuning pressure system (standard with all of our Modular Telescopes) you can make super fine adjustments in your tuning to delve into the Sun and bring out the absolute best views!
LS100MT Nighttime Telescope
But dont fret once the Sun Sets; simply remove your Hydrogen Alpha module, and dive into the expanse of the night sky. Attach your night and terrestrial use backing plate and focuser (optional accessory, available in packages), use your favorite standard star diagonal (optional accessory, available in packages) along with eyepiece of your choice, and let the Triplet ED APO Lens (FPL53) guide you across the milky way. With other options including White Light, Caclium K, and Terrestrial Applications, the LS100MT may never find its way back into its storage case!
The LS100MT is truly a one stop telescope experience; easily configured between Hydrogen Alpha, Night Time, Terrestrial Uses, White Light, and Calcium K in minutes, the LS100MT is sure to never leave your telescope line up. The 100MT at its base (Telescope Only) will provide you with an out of this world Hydrogen Alpha experience, allowing for a <.7 angstrom bandpass in its single stack configuration. With its double stack module installed(the DSII/SFPT unit), it will provide a <.5 angstrom bandpass and allow the Sun’s phenomena to virtually leap off its surface in 3D effect.
True Doppler Tuning
Importantly, True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. To be sure, it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, but it does have an effect on filaments and likewise the active regions on the surface. Also while looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip. In this way following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you. Amazingly, this allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. In addition the pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS100MT Solar Telescope Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 100mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.65 Angstrom (<0.5 Double Stacked with DSII/SFPT)
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714
- F Ratio: F/7
- B1200, B1800, or B3400 Blocking Filter
- Focuser Options:
- 2″ Feather-Touch Focuser with 10:1 reduction (Standard)
- 2″ Rack & Pinion Focuser with 10:1 reduction (Optional)
- Includes: 8″ Dovetail, New Red Dot Finder Handle, Mounting Ring Assembly, 2″ Feather Touch Focuser
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 12.7lbs
- 2″ Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Backing Plate and Focuser
- Double Stack Module (DSII/SFPT)
- Calcium K Module
- White Light Filter
- Standard Night Time Diagonal
The Lunt LS100MT is available for pre-order today.