The All New Lunt 40mm Solar Telescope provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to solar observing. A true grab-and-go dedicated Hydrogen-alpha telescope, the Lunt 40 mm F/10 system is sure to impress allowing both amateur and seasoned professions to experience the awe-inspiring phenomena of our closest Star!
- Lunt 40 mm Dedicated H-alpha Solar OTA with Custom Foam
- TeleVue Sol Searcher Sun finder built in
- 4″ Vixen Style Dovetail
View a chart of Required Equipment by Viewing Type.
Easily portable and a joy to use, the Lunt 40 mm joins the Lunt Telescope lineup as our smallest aperture offering, while providing the power, amazing detail and quality you expect from a Lunt Telescope — all at an impressive ~4.0 mm solar image size!
- Telescope Type: Dedicated H-alpha
- Universal Capabilities: H-alpha
- Aperture: 40 mm
- Objective Type: Custom Doublet Optimized at 656 nm
- Objective Coating: Ion Assist Ultra-Narrowband AR (656 nm)
- Focal Ratio: F/10
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focuser Options: Helical or Feather Touch
- Mounting: Mounting Foot
- Storage: Box with Fitted Foam, Hard Case Optional
- H-alpha Etalon Type: Internal Dedicated
- Etalon Wavelength: 656.28 nm
- Etalon Bandpass: <0.7 Å Single Stack, <0.5 Å Double Stack
- Etalon Material: UV Grade Fused Silica
- Etalon Tuning: Tilt
- Doppler Shifting: Instant
- Blocking Filter Size: 5 mm, 6 mm, 12 mm, Diagonal
- Blocking Filter Bandpass: 6 Å
- Sun Finder: TeleVue Sol Searcher built in
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.