How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-3000 3-inch Mounts
3-inch Adapters for the TCF-S3", Pyxis 3" and IFW 3"
Optec 3-inch "Push-Fit" Mount
The OPTEC-3000 3-inch mounts "push-fit" into any 3-inch receiver including the TCF-S3, IFW-3 #17367 Rear Cover Plate, and Pyxis 3" rotator. Similar to a 2-inch eyepiece barrel or 2-inch camera nosepiece, the OPTEC-3000 series appears as a 3-inch nosepiece for convenient, yet secure mounting. All the OPTEC-3000 mounts have a machined dovetail to match the thumbscrews, setscrews, and other mounting hardware for all our 3-inch product line.
If your camera or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call. We are constantly adding new adapters to our catalog.
#17468 - Pentax Thread Mounting Ring
The #17468 Pentax Thread mount allows IFW and MaxFilter systems, which use a 2.38-inch mount thread, to be directly connected to equipment that uses Pentax threads connections.
- Outside Diameter: 3.48" (88.3mm)
- Overall Height: 1.38" (35mm)
- Clear Aperture: 2.01" (51mm)
- Weight: 6.08 oz (172 g)
- Compression Ring: ridged brass internal ring
- Back-focus Usage: 0.625" (15.9 mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: OPTEC-3000 Dovetail
- Camera Side Connection: 2" Receiver
- 2-inch Eyepieces,
- 2-inch Camera Nosepieces,
- Pyxis 2" camera field rotator,
- NextGen and Lepus series telecompressors,
- Any 2-inch 'push-fit' accessory.