How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-3000 3-inch Mounts
3-inch Adapters for the TCF-S3", Pyxis 3" and IFW 3"
Optec 3-inch "Push-Fit" Mount
The OPTEC-3000 3-inch mounts "push-fit" into any 3-inch receiver including the TCF-S3, IFW-3 #17367 Rear Cover Plate, and Pyxis 3" rotator. Similar to a 2-inch eyepiece barrel or 2-inch camera nosepiece, the OPTEC-3000 series appears as a 3-inch nosepiece for convenient, yet secure mounting. All the OPTEC-3000 mounts have a machined dovetail to match the thumbscrews, setscrews, and other mounting hardware for all our 3-inch product line.
If your camera or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call. We are constantly adding new adapters to our catalog.
#17807 - 3" Drawtube Adapter To AstroPhysics 2.7" (AP2.7) Female Threaded Mount
The #17807 OPTEC-3000 3-inch to AstroPhysics 2.7" x 24tpi Mount adapts any Optec 3-inch receiver to accept an Astro-Physics 2.7-inch male thread.
This adapter allows the use of any of the Optec AP2.7 spacers with any Optec 3-inch device including the TCF-S3 series focusers, Pyxis 3" rotator, or IFW-3.
- Outside Diameter: 3.45" (87.6mm)
- Overall Height: 0.95" (24.1mm)
- Clear Aperture: 2.6" (66mm)
- Weight: 2.72 oz (77 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.2" (5.1mm)
- Telescope Side: OPTEC-3000 Dovetail
- Camera Side: Female AP 2.7" Thread
- Optec TCF-S3, TCF-S3i, TCF-Lynx3 focuser,
- Pyxis 3" #17745 or #17747 rotator,
- IFW-3 with #17367 rear-cover plate,
- Perseus 4-port selector with #19880 receiver adapter.
- Optec AP2.7 spacers,
- Any Astro-Physics AP2.7 x 24tpi male threaded accessory.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.