How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
#19372 - 3"x24tpi Male Thread To STL 2.156"x24tpi Thread Adapter
The #19372 3-inch Male-to-STL adapter screws directly into SBIG STL camera systems and presents standard male 3-inch threads to allow easy attachment of equipment with 3-inch female thread connections.
- Outside Diameter: 3.15" (80mm)
- Overall Height: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Clear Aperture: 1.9" (48.3mm)
- Weight: 1.6 oz (45.4 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.1" (2.54mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: 3"x24tpi Male Thread
- Camera Side Connection: SBIG STL 2.156"x24tpi Male Thread