6" Eagle Adjustable Folding Pier (EAGLE6)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The new Astro-Physics 6" Eagle Adjustable Folding Pier is a versatile work-of-art as well as a totally practical tool for the advanced imager. The one piece assembly sets up quickly in the field and allows adjustment of pier height, leveling of the mount, and eases the process of polar alignment.
The practical height range of the pier is 24" to 36". Adjustment is made by moving the center column tube up or down within the two inner ring assemblies and by moving the legs in toward the center. Adding the optional 8" Extension that attaches to the top of the pier gives a total practical height of up to 44".
The 6" Eagle is a breeze to set up and adjust. Large comfortable hand knobs make the whole process tool-free!
To set up or adjust, simply loosen the 3 Leg Adjustment Knobs to spread the legs apart or fold them in. Move the legs in and out from the 6" Eagle's center column to fine tune the pier's height and to level the assembly if the ground is uneven. Then, re-tighten the knobs. The 6" Eagle's feet articulate to adjust to the terrain.
To change the center column position, remove the 6 Pier Column Height Adjustment Knobs and simply slide the center column up or down to the desired position. Attachment points are in 4" increments. Re-insert the knobs, tighten and you're done. The 6" Eagle can be adjusted as follows:
- Your mounting will have an additional 30 degrees of azimuth adjustment in the Pier Adapter Slots. This will greatly speed up rough polar alignment!
- Pier leg uneven ground adjustment range: 4" over a 36" distance, or 6.5 degrees of slope (while maintaining a minimum distance of 18" from the center of the pier to each foot)
- Pier leg maximum spread: 48" diameter circle (maximum stability - see illustration below)
- Pier leg minimum recommended spread: 36" diameter circle (minimum stability - see illustration below)
- Pier height min: 24"
- Pier height max: 36" (with legs brought in to 36" diameter circle); 32" (with legs spread to 48" diameter circle)
- Pier height max with 8" Extension (sold separately): 44" (with legs brought in to 36" diameter circle); 40" (with legs spread to 48" diameter circle)
- Pier measurements folded: 12" diameter x 32" length
- Pier weight: 28 lb. (12.7 kg)
Accessories for your 6" Eagle Adjustable Folding Pier - Make Your DREAM SETUP!
Of course, this brilliant package wouldn't be complete without the little extras that allow you to customize the 6"Eagle for your own special needs and circumstances. We won't leave you out in the dark (OK, actually we will <G>) when it comes to accessories. In characteristic Astro-Physics fashion, we have tried to make the accessories as versatile as possible. They will not only fit on your new 6" Eagle, but they will also fit on the Adjustable Wood Tripod (AWT000) and the 6" Portable Piers. The first member of the accessory line is available below: the 6" Eagle's Pier Extension.