Advanced VX 8 Newtonian Telescope (32062)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
- 8” (200mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Large aperture at an affordable price, our Advanced VX 8” Newtonian provides 78% more light-gathering abilities compared to the 6” model. The parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a sharper image near the edge of the field of view. This scope is great for intermediate visual observers and beginning astroimagers looking for a large aperture with lots of light-gathering power. As you grow in your hobby, you can continue to enjoy all the high-level features of the Advanced VX.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||200 mm (7.87 in)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Formula:Magnification of Eyepiece 1||50 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Formula:Highest Useful Magnification||472 x|
|Formula:Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Formula:Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Formula:Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.7 arc seconds|
|Formula:Resolution (Dawes)||0.58 arc seconds|
|Formula:Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||816 x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.2" in (56 mm)|
|Formula:Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||28%|
|Formula:Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||7.81%|
|Optical Tube Length||36" in (914 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||14 lbs (6.35 kg)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||71 lbs (32 kg)|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 12 lbs|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty