Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Mask (19070)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
Alnitak Astrosystems Devices
Optec acquired Alnitak Astrosystems in 2011 and has been manufacturing and refining the Alnitak EL lamp and controller ever since. With the introduction of the Flip-Mask and Remote Dust Cover, we're proud to continue the Alnitak tradition of offering astrophotographers and photometrists the finest in flat-field calibration systems along with new and innovative remote devices not currently found in the astronomy marketplace.
Featuring a USB connection, our Alnitak Astrosystems Control application automatically recognizes any attached device and allows 256 levels of brightness adjustment. For those seeking to automate their flat-field acquisition process, the Alnitak software package also include a serial command-line interface allowing full integration into the latest versions of astronomy automation programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim DL.
Remotely Controlled Bahtinov Mask
Building on the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec has designed two new products: a robotic Remote Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations, and the Flip-Mask, remotely controlled Bahtinov Mask.
A number of our customers have asked that we offer a way to introduce a diffraction mask into the light path for remote observatories. Our solution is the Flip-Mask. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically position a custom size Bahtinov Mask for precision focusing, then remotely move it out of the path once focus is achieved and verified.
Optec masks are precision cut on our in-house laser engraving /cutting machine up to 12-inches in diameter. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a different preferred diffraction mask or wish to adapt a mask you already own. Some weight limitations may apply.
- Bahtinov Mask Diameter: Customer Request - up to 12" (30 cm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
- The #19070 Alnitak Flip-Mask package includes a custom Bahtinov Mask (customer specified), motor controller box with mask arm, OTA bracket, industrial zip straps to attach to OTA dew shield, USB cable, and software. Intended OTA for the Bahtinov Mask must be specified when ordering. Contact Optec Sales when placing order.