Alnitak Flat-Man L Large Flat Fielder (19058)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
Alnitak Astrosystems Devices
For those on a budget who don’t need the robotic features of the Flip-Flat, the Flat-Man is an excellent choice. Employing the same EL lamp technology as in the Flip-Flat and powered by a single USB cable, the Flat-Man is simple to use. The Flat-Man is manually placed on the vertically oriented OTA and the lamp brightness levels can be controlled via the attached PC.
The Flat-Man L is the big brother of the Flat-Man, for telescopes in the 8-12.5" range. The Flat-Man L uses the same electroluminescent technology as our other products, and can either be manually placed on the vertical OTA or hung perpendicular (using one of the #6-32 cover screw holes) to the OTA’s park position for flat field imaging.
Our Windows XP software will light and control the brightness of the Flat-Man L. Comes with USB cable and power supply.
The Flat-Man L is an affordable means to achieve excellent flat fields for telescopes up to 12-1/2" diameter.
- Lamp Diffuser Diameter: 14" (355mm)
- Lamp Illumination Diameter: 13" (330mm)
- Maximum Recommended OTA: 12-1/2" (315mm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.2" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- Power requirements: 12VDC for illumination, 5VDC for control (USB provided)
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: None
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 14"
- Mounting Holes: Eight #6-32 threaded holes available,
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
- The #19058 Flat-Man L package includes the 13" lamp with attached controller, 12VDC power supply with wall cord, USB cable, and software. Fully illuminated lamp is 13" (330mm) in diameter.