The newly released update to the classic APO200FL will feature key design changes to optimize color correction and will be known as a “super” planetary telescope.
It will use an air-spaced doublet design and longer focal ratio to delve deeper into the skies. Yuri says, “it is about bring back the beauty of long refractors to your backyards, public clubs, school observatories, etc.”
Please note: If this item shows "out of stock," please give us a call to reserve your order. TEC produces telescopes in limited production runs, so we recommend getting your name on the list as soon as possible. TEC requires only a small deposit to hold your spot, which is refundable.
Final shipping costs to be determined after checkout
|Back Focus Distance
|Rear wheel (handle) OD
|OTA Weight (Estimate)
|21kg / 46 lbs.
Testing and Quality Assurance
TEC Telescopes go through rigorous testing to ensure top quality performance. Newtonian Rings are used throughout the glass production process and we then use an interferometer to correct any remaining imperfections. Every telescope is then tested vigorously to reach the most optimum Strehl ratio possible. Rest assured that your telescope has been optimized to be as optically perfect as possible. If the objective does not reach Yuri’s expectations, the telescope will not be shipped. As a strict policy, TEC will not release telescope test reports.
While the objectives are fine-tuned under interferomerical control to meet the highest optical standards, cosmetic imperfections may exist in the objective and the tube assembly. Please rest assured that any imperfection in the telescope has been determined not to affect the optical performance.
Our dedicated Planetary Refractor, the APO200FL F/11 will open the night sky to those willing to observe.
- The APO200FL F/11 features an air-spaced apochromatic-doublet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) inner element that will come to temperature more quickly than the previous APO200FL F/8 version.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO200FL F/11 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Includes precision adjustable Tube Rings.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces.
- Recommended to be paired with a high capacity load mount and a stationary observation station.
- TEC recommends the 10Micron GM2000 HPS, 10 Micron GM3000 HPS, and the Astro-Physics 1600GTO Mounts.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO200FL F/11 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. The TEC APO200FL F/11 costs $29,000, including an initial $8,000 refundable deposit. Please know that ALL PRICES AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE; the price initially quoted for a telescope purchase may not be reflected in the final invoice. Wait times may also be longer than initially quoted. Rest assured that we are working diligently to complete and ship every telescope on order.