Astro Aimer G3 and Accessories
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
- Water Resistant for all Weather Condition
- Now you can take your Astro Aimer to anywhere, including the dewiest of star parties. It’s perfect for camping, hiking, and rafting. Use it in the rain, or for any emergency situation in almost any environment.
- Near 5mW Class IIIa High Output Green Laser
- Green laser is 20 times brighter than red laser at the same output power as perceived by human eyes. The Class IIIa output laser power allows you to visually trace the laser line to the exact pointed star or object.
- Laser ON light indicator
- When laser is turned on, the blue LED light under laser switch will light up, shows you the green laser is on so you will not accidentally point to others or yourself.
- Red and white LED flashlights
- Controlled by knurled finish flashlight cap for easy turning, 3 variable brightness modes of red LED, low and intermediate modes for map reading, and high brightness mode (4,000 mcd) for night illumination without disrupting other star gazers' dark adapted vision. High efficient superbright white LEDs for any indoor and outdoor illumination.
- Time delayed laser switch
- For easy telescope aiming adjustment or any other purposes, it frees both your hands while adjusting your telescope aiming without holding the laser ON button like other green pointers.
- Universal Mounting
- 1" diameter fits nicely onto most existing 6x30 finder scope mounts, and 1 standard ¼"-20 tripod mounting hole ready for any tripod or ball mount.
- Precision machined housing
- With aerospace grade aluminum and anodized for a rugged and lasting crafted instrument.
- Extra long battery life
- Operated by three economical AAA batteries, approximately 20 continuous hours.
- Convenient field carrying
- Package includes detachable 15" adjustable strap to hang on your neck or wrist and belt clip pouch.
Astro Aimer G3 has all the features of Astro Aimer Gen II and the same dimensions and appearance of Astro Aimer Gen II. In addition, new Astro Aimer G3 is dust and water resistant with redesigned internal construction and an anti-reflection coated optical glass window to optimize its outdoor applications.
Factory Tuned High Output Green laser with Automatic Power Control Circuit
Visually effective Class IIIa (<5mW) high output green laser at 532nm wavelength. Green laser is 20 times brighter than red laser at the same output power as perceived by human eyes. The extremely visible green laser line allows an audience in about 3 meter radius around you to clearly trace the laser line to the intended star.
Our Astro Aimer G3 has a built-in feedback circuit that constantly monitors the laser output power to keep it stable. The control allows the laser to operate stably under cold or warm ambient temperatures.
When the laser is turned on, a blue LED light under the laser switch glows dimly to signal you the device is on, so you will not accidentally point the laser to others or yourself (as shown above).
Time delayed laser switch
A built-in laser activation timer (aprx. 40 to 50 seconds) allowing hands free laser aiming when mounted as a finder scope. The user can activates the laser and follow the laser beam to aim the telescope to the desired destination and gets busy viewing the object. The laser automatically turns off to save power without additional effort to turn off.
There are total of 3 brightness modes. Low and intermediate modes are for map reading. High brightness mode (4,000 mcd) is for night illumination without disrupting other stargazers' dark-adapted vision. Red-light modes are activated by turning front flashlight bezel to the left.
3 High Efficient White LEDs
Three white LEDs provide true color and bright illumination (approx. 21,000 mcd total), the best tool for packing up, searching for lost items, identifying colored items, and field illumination. Activate the white light by turning front flashlight bezel to the right.
A voltage regulated power control circuit keeps both Red and White LEDs at a constant brightness. The circuitry keeps the LEDs operating at maximum brightness until the minimum voltage cut off point (4 volt). LED brightness does not decay according to the battery drain as with other battery powered flashlights.
In addition, you may turn ON either of the LED flashlights in combination with the activated green laser to pin point an illuminated object. This feature is useful especially when the object is large, which requires additional lighting for better visual confirmation.
The knurled flashlight cap can be easily operated with a thick glove on a cold night. Also the distinguishable detents on each light mode help you to operate in the dark.
Easy Telescope Aiming Adjustment
Our time delayed laser switch frees both hands for telescope aiming without having to hold the laser ON button as with other green pointers. Please see How to Align Your Astro Aimer with Your Telescopebelow for details.
- 1" diameter fits most existing 6x30 finder scope mounts or on our TLM02-MTlaser mount.
- 1 standard ¼"-20 screw hole ready for any tripod or ball mount.
Our well crafted Astro Aimer is precision CNC machined from aero-space grade aluminum material, then we sand blast and anodize for a rugged and long lasting surface finish.
Extra Long Battery Life
Operated by three AAA batteries, approximately 20 continuous hours, included with the product.
Convenient Field Carrying
Package includes one detachable 15", adjustable strap to hang on your neck or wrist, a belt clip pouch, and a foam protected box for field transportation.
Features of Attractive Astro Aimer Tripod/Telescope mount
Features of Optional Astro Aimer Belt Clip
Dimensions & Weight
1" diameter x 5-3/4" length. 5.3 oz. with batteries.
1. Superbright LED flashlight:
- White LED: total approximate 24,000 mcd output power, GaInN material, full spectrum wavelength.
- Red LED: 4,000 mcd, AlGaInP material, 620nm wavelength.
2. Green Laser Specifications
- Output power : Class IIIa, <5mW
- Wavelength: 532nm
- Batteries: Three 1.5V AAA
- Battery life: Laser up to 6 hours, Flashlight up to 20 hours
- Weight: apx. 5 oz. with batteries
- Size: 5.7” length x 1” diameter
- Operating temperature & humidity: 20oC ~ 30oC - < 95% relative humidity
- Storage temperature & humidity: -10oC ~ 60oC - < 95% relative humidity