The Losmandy AZ8 is a dual saddle Alt-Azimuth telescope mount now with configurable options to configure your AZ8 the way you want it. Exacting engineering for lasting performance, the AZ8 dual telescope mount is constructed of black anodized aluminum with all stainless steel hardware. Features like 360 degree slow motion control, precision brass worm gears and a variable slip clutch make the Losmandy AZ8 a stand out choice for a portable, manually controlled Alt-Az telescope mount.
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
- 360 degree slow motion control, both axes
- 2.812” diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground
- High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes.
- One knob per axis design.
- 3.5” diameter Laser engraved setting circles.
- Bubble level 1.250” diameter aluminum shafts.
- Twin saddle plates. Accepts Losmandy D & V series dovetail plates.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 35 LBS per side.
- Head weight 13 lbs.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.