Calcium H-line QUARK
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
This All-In-One design marries high quality components of adapters, snouts and Daystar calcium filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of Daystar at an affordable price.
Many astronomers forget that the Calcium H-line and K-line yield virtually identical views of the Sun. Solar researchers who only image the Sun with CCD cameras often choose the K-Line for purely research purposes. Sadly, with Calcium K-line filters, many older astronomers are unable to see the lower wavelength and miss out on all the fun. We offer higher wavelength Calcium H-line filters for visual observers so that most clients can enjoy Calcium!
For use on F/7 or longer focal ratio refractors, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view. Short focal ratio refractors will need a 2x or 2.5x Powermate to get the best performance.
- Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application. No specific FWHM bandpass is designated, but it will be around 5Å. The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device.
- The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack.
- Not compatible with red or yellow glass ERFs. Recommended for use with a UV/IR cut filter for safety. Users need to purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to their telescope for safe operation. The Calcium Quark can NOT be used with front mount ERF.
- Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 397nm wavelength. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off an optional small, palm-sized battery pack.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
** Exceptionally high demand has currently created a wait-listed order situation. Pre-release reservations exceed current batch sizes. Clients with unpaid reservations must contact Daystar immediately to confirm order with payment. Unpaid reservations will be subject to sale. For further specific information about availability, please contact sales staff at: 866-680-6563 for further details.
- Calcium H line (3968.5Å), approx 5Å FWHM.
- 1.25" eyepiece snout with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture. No barlow or focusing elements included.
- Best performance with F/7 - F/30 refractors full aperture.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
Looking at the Sun?
More Solar items >