Direct Drive Focus Motor for the Apochromat Focusers
#19776 - DirectSync APO Motor for 2.5-inch Focusers on Meade, Stellarvue, Astro-Tech, and other Apochomatic refractors.
Optec's FocusLynx DirectSync APO system is an aftermarket add-on for several import Apochromat telescopes with dual-speed focusers. Meade Instruments, Stellarvue, and other telescope manufacturers include compatible focusers for theDirectSync APO motor. Like all Optec DirectSync and QuickSync motors, the new DirectSync APO motor provides a direct drive motor that can be easily disengaged for manual focusing. The DirectSync APO motor kit is easy to install and provides a digital focusing solution that also allows manual focus when at the telescope.
DirectSync APO Motor fits several Apochromat focusers.
The FocusLynx DirectSync APO package was designed especially for the Meade Series 6000 apochromat triplet telescope series but also fits the Stellarvue SV70T and the Access Series. A full list of compatible telescopes and focusers is provided below. With a direct gearing system that leaves the planetary reduction assembly and unique tensioning system intact, DirectSync APO can achieve greater positional repeatability and carry imaging camera packages in excess of 5 kg (11-lbs).
Coupled with the FocusLynx controller, DirectSync can be used in both manual and automatic focusing modes. Fully ASCOM compliant, FocusLynx Commander software works in conjunction with higher level client software such as FocusMax and Maxim D/L as well as CCDSoft and TheSky X to provide auto-focusing for a wide variety of manual focusers.
The #19776 DirectSync APO motor fits the following telescope focusers.
- Astro-Tech AT80EDT, AT115EDT, AT130EDT f/6 ED Triplet Refractors,
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 130mm
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 115mm
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 80mm
- Stellarvue SV70T f/6 APO Triplet
- Stellarvue Access Series refractors SV80, SV102, and SV125
- Teleskop Service TS-Optics Photoline 130mm f/7 Triplet APO,
- William Optics Star 71 Limited Blue Edition 71mm f/4.9,
- William Optics Gran Turismo 71 APO Refractor.
DirectSync APO Motor (#19776)
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (150 g)
- Step Resolution: approx. 1 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350mA
FocusLynx Controller (#19690)
- Length: 5.1" (130mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27mm)
- Weight: 9.8 oz (280 g)
- Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, and WiFi
- Hand Control: Optional
- WiFi Connection: Optional
- Second Stepper: Optional
- Input Power: 12VDC universal power supply (110 to 230VAC input)
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
Stock# 19776- DirectSync APO motor
The DirectSync APO includes the #19776 DirectSync APO motor only for owners of the FocusLynx Control Hub. Other options may be ordered separately.
Kit# 4A000- FocusLynx APO Package
The FocusLynx DirectSync APO Kit includes both the #19776 DirectSync APO motor and the #19690 FocusLynx Control Hub. Other options may be ordered separately.
Kit# 4A010-FocusLynx APO-HC Package
The FocusLynx DirectSync APO-HC Kit includes the #19690 FocusLynx Control Hub, #19776 DirectSync APO motor, PLUS the #19695 Hand Controller Option. Additional options may be ordered separately.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.