EAGLE5 XTM is our most powerful computer ever for telescopes and astrophotography with blazing-fast AMD Ryzen 3 5400U processor, Industrial Grade 32 GB fast DDR4 memory, and huge Industrial Grade 2TB SSD drive (NVMe). Thanks to dual LAN port, 10 USB ports (4x high speed USB 3.2 ports plus 6x USB 2.0 ports), new Inclinometer and Motion Detector sensors, and more powerful WiFi 6 wireless networking, it's the perfect solution even for the most demanding application like remote astronomical observatory control.
All in a lightweight, compact all-in-one design with PLUS aluminum housing to be installed on your telescope and that comes with all of the advanced features of the previous EAGLE like GPS sensor with high gain antenna to automatically detect your position and time, EYE sensor to monitor sky quality in the area your telescope is pointed, DARK mode to disable all of the LEDs on the EAGLE and much more!
EAGLE5 XTM computer for telescopes and astrophotography - main features:
- Windows 11 Enterprise computer lets you install your preferred Windows software and use the devices you want
- AMD’s Ryzen 3 5400U processor with 32GB RAM DDR4 3200 MHz and 2TB SSD NVMe disk
- Industrial grade SSD disk and RAM module to provide the best reliability also in very low temperatures
- 10 port USB hub with 2x high speed USB 3.2 ports, 2x high speed USB 3.2 type-C ports plus 6x USB 2.0 ports (4 of them with remote on/off capability)
- 4 x 12V power out ports with remote ON/OFF control to power your mount, camera and other 12V accessories
- 3x variable 3-12V power out ports for dew heaters
- GPS sensor with high gain antenna to detect elevation, latitude, longitude, date and time
- EYE sensor to monitor sky quality in a 5° field of view where the telescope is pointed
- Inclinometer to measure elevation of your telescope
- Motion Detector to detect unexpected or unwanted motions of your telescope caused by high winds, sudden flexures or cable snags.
- DARK mode to turn off all the LED lights
- Powerful and fast WiFi 6 (802.11ax) with dual band (2.4 and 5 GHz) connection
- Power consumption of every device powered through the 12v power OUT ports of the EAGLE
- Power level monitoring provided to 12V power IN port of the EAGLE
- EAGLE Manager X interface to easily control all the EAGLE’s features
- PLUS aluminum case, allowing you to easily attach the EAGLE to any telescope by adding rings, bars or clamps
- Weight: 1.38 kg (3 lb)
EAGLE5 XTM is the most powerful ever, with the largest storage space.
AMD’s Ryzen 3 5400U processor together with 32GB RAM DDR4 3200 MHz RAM memory make the EAGLE5 XTM the most powerful ever EAGLE, providing you great performances with any Windows software you want to install. This is great also if you want to use complex softwares that require a lot of computing power and/or you want to use many softwares at the same time. EAGLE5 XTM provides a the best storage space among the EAGLE line thanks to the huge 2TB SSD NVMe disk that is also very fast this way providing the best performances also when saving or accessing to large files.
EAGLE5 XTM offers two USB 3.2 type-A ports, two USB 3.2 type-C ports, as well as six USB 2.0 ports, one HDMI 2.0b port, dual LAN port (one Gigabit ethernet and one 2.5 Gigabit ethernet) and WiFi 6 802.11ax connectivity.
EAGLE5 XTM with Dual LAN port and 10 USB ports.
EAGLE5 XTM offers dual LAN port that is very useful when you want to control a remote telescope, also in an astronomical observatory. For example you can connect the EAGLE to a router to provide Internet access (this can be done also by using the EAGLE's WiFi 6 connection) and you can connect to the second LAN port an IP camera you can use to remotely see your telescope.
Thanks to 10 USB ports (2x high speed USB 3.2 type-A ports, 2x high speed USB 3.2 type-C ports plus 6x USB 2.0 ports) you can connect to the EAGLE5 XTM up to 10 USB devices, this is great also if you want to remotely control a dual telescope setup!
EAGLE5 XTM comes with Inclinometer to measure inclination of your telescope.
The Inclinometer sensor built into the EAGLE5 XTM measures the elevation of your telescope with respect to the horizon level, with a resolution of 0.1 degrees (and a measured average error lower than 1 degree). Inclination data is shown in real time in the EAGLE Manager X interface and, since the EAGLE is designed to be installed in parallel to your telescope (elevation is correctly displayed also if the EAGLE is in inverted position, with the power out ports pointing the sky), you can also remotely check if your telescope is pointed at the correct elevation, if your equatorial mount elevation setting is correctly set based on your Latitude, or if your Alt-Az mount home position is correctly set in elevation.
EAGLE5 XTM comes with Motion Detector to detect unexpected or unwanted motions of your telescope.
When recording a sequence, you may have one of your pictures blurred while the others are sharp: many external factors like wind gusts or cable snags may impact your telescope correct tracking during an acquisition. The Motion Detector shows in the EAGLE Manager X the unwanted motions without without confusing them with mount tracking or goto movements. This way PLAY (or third party software that support Motion Detector) can automatically repeat the last acquisition if EAGLE detects an unexpected motion.
EAGLE Manager X interface to easily control all the EAGLE’s features.
EAGLE5 XTM comes with special "EAGLE Manager X" software that starts automatically at Windows startup and provides an easy and intuitive interface, allowing you to:
- Enable/Disable every 12V power out port: this way you can keep all your devices connected (for example, mount, camera, filter wheel, etc.) and activate them remotely when you turn on the entire system.
- Check power consumption: it allows you to check how much power every 12V device powered through the EAGLE requires and it shows the total power consumption of your telescope this way providing you the best way to monitor your system power.
- Name power and USB ports: you can rename every port with the name of the connected device, in order to easily control them or to save COM port number associated to a specific device.
- Check for GPS data: elevation, latitude, longitude, date, time and number of connected satellites
- Check for EYE sky quality: select the sensor facing toward the sky and check for sky quality value
- Set the power out voltage of the 3 x 0-12V power out ports: increase or decrease the power to dew heaters connected to EAGLE. Each port shows the current consumption that can also be monitored over time.
- Check for Inclinometer to verify elevation of your telescope in respite to the horizon level.
- Show Motion Detector data and visualize if unwanted motions are recorded.
- Activate DARK mode: this turns off all the LED lights.
- Connect or disconnect devices connected to the A-B-C-D USB 2.0 ports: this feature is convenient in case of temporary crash of an auto-guider or planetary camera, which can then be reset without the need to go to the telescope and disconnect/reconnect a cable.
- Set wireless or wired connectivity: it shows the IP addresses you can use with remote desktop to access your EAGLE in AP mode (use your smartphone, tablet or external computer by connecting directly to EAGLE without the need of a WiFi router) or HOST mode for connecting to your existing network such as your home WiFi, also with a wired connection.
- Set your automatic power routines: you can define port status “After power on” and “Before shut down” for the devices connected to the EAGLE. This way, for example, you can automatically turn on all your devices after you start the EAGLE and turn them all off when you shut down the EAGLE.
- Automatically connect to the optional ECCO controller: if you have the environmental controller, EAGLE Manager X is able to automatically connect at startup and take control of dew heater power based on calculated dew-point.
- Save EAGLE sensors data in log files for later processing: data from various sensors are saved in log files directly on your EAGLE this way you can later download them.
EAGLE comes with Windows so you can use the software and devices you like.
In the modern world there are many operative systems that do a great job. But, when it comes to astronomy software and drivers, most of it works on Windows. That's why the EAGLE runs Windows, so you can connect to the EAGLE the devices you like (since manufacturers provide official drivers for Windows 10/11) and install the Windows software you prefer (it has just to be compatible with Windows 10/11): anything you can load on your standard Windows 10/11 computer at home, you can load on the EAGLE. This way you're not just locked in to one particular company in their hardware and you can easily customize the EAGLE in the way you like. EAGLE5 uses Windows 11 IoT Enterprise licence that is lighter-weight and more stable than traditional PCs with Windows 11 Home or other OEM versions that come preinstalled with useless bloatware.
Performance comparison with a miniPC.
EAGLE not only offers exclusive features for advanced astrophotography, but also all the power of a real computer (superior to a Mini PC) to allow you to use any astrophotography software. In order to test its performance, we used the PCMark benchmark and compared EAGLE LE, EAGLE4, EAGLE5 S, EAGLE5 PRO and EAGLE5 XTM with one of the many Mini PCs on the market (where we installed the same EAGLE operating system for a precise results comparison). As you can see in the picture below, EAGLE4/LE offer 32% more performance than a common Mini PC with Intel Celeron N3160 processor, 4GB of RAM and SSD disk; EAGLE5 S still raises the gap by bringing this difference to 183%; EAGLE5 PRO increases even more to +231% and the faster EAGLE5 XTM boosts everything to an incredible +316%.
EAGLE: a complete family of computers for telescopes.
All of the EAGLE computers run Windows so you can install your preferred Windows software and use the devices you want, but in order to better suit everyone’s needs, we developed a complete line of EAGLE computers providing different computing power, memory capacity, disk space, advanced features and integrated sensors. This allows you to choose the EAGLE that best fits your application, power requirements and budget. In the table below you will find the specifications of all the EAGLE models with different processors, RAM memories, SSD disks, USB ports, HDMI ports, wireless and wired connectivity, integrated sensors and operative systems.
EAGLE5 XTM: dimensions and weight
EAGLE5 XTM includes all these advanced features in an aluminum, lightweight, compact all-in-one chassis designed to be installed on your telescope in the way you prefer. This way you can connect all the USB and 12V power cables from your devices to the EAGLE greatly improving your cable management. The EAGLE5 XTM weights just 1.38 kg (3 lbs). In the picture you can see all the dimensions with positions of M6 and M5 threaded holes to connect rings, bars and clamps.
EAGLE5 XTM computer for telescopes and astrophotography: scope of delivery.
- EAGLE5 XTM computer
- 2 WiFi antennas
- 1x GPS antenna
- 12V power cable with cigarette plug for EAGLE - 250cm
- n.4 M6x8 screws + n.4 M6x10 screws + n.4 M6x12 screws + n.4 n.4 M6x18 screws + n.4 M6x25 screws + n.4 M6x35 screws
- Quick guide
Watch the movie PrimaLuce Mission: the new EAGLE.
Even the most experienced spy requires the most advanced and powerful equipment! Follow Filippo on his new mission: to infiltrate PrimaLuceLab headquarters in Italy and uncover the latest intel on the new EAGLE computer for telescopes and astrophotography!