Check out the rest of Celestron's EclipSmart Collection today!
- ISO-CERTIFIED SOLAR TELESCOPE FILTER: Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun.
- WORKS WITH YOUR EXISTING TELESCOPE: Compatible with Celestron 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes.
- SAFE, SNUG FIT: Two hook and loop straps keep your filter securely attached to your telescope’s objective.
- SOLAR FILM MADE IN THE USA: Our Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing.
- GREAT VIEWS AND IMAGES: This filter features an orange tint, producing a natural look perfect for visual observing and capturing images through your telescope.
Turn your Celestron 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope into a solar scope! The EclipSmart Eclipse Solar Filter is a must-have accessory perfect for viewing the Sun and eclipses like the upcoming 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse and 2024 Total Solar Eclipse. Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, ISO-certified Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart products comply with the latest ISO 12312-2 standards. This solar filter is custom designed for Celestron 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. Two hook and loop straps securely hold the filter in place for a safe, snug fit.
- C6 Optical Tube
- NexStar 6SE
- NexStar Evolution 6
- Advanced VX 6"
- StarSense Explorer 6” Schmidt Cassegrain – International Exclusive
- SkyProdigy 6"
- Astro Fi 6” Schmidt Cassegrain - International Exclusive
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology—the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Important safety note: inspect your filter before every use. Do not use and discard if damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way.
|Telescope Compatibility:||Celestron 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes|
|Filter clear aperture:||128.5mm (5.06")|
|Filter diameter (external):||184mm (7.24")|
|Filter diameter (internal):||174mm (6.85")|
|Filter material:||Scratch resistant polymer produced by American Paper Optics|
|Filter thickness:||24mm (0.94")|
|Solar image color:||Orange|
|Nylon safety straps:||Two 1" x 4" hook and loop straps, Four 1" x 1" hook and loop Tabs|
|Weight:||2.6 oz (74 g)|
|California Residents||View Proposition 65 Warning|