Need more versatility out of an equatorial mount without cable tangling? Tired of connection error with some third party control interface? iOptron NUC-ready mounts are coming! A GEM45EC-NUC is ready to mate with Intel® NUC minicomputer (thickness≤38mm) at the front of dovetail saddle seamlessly with the cable management system.
Innovative ideas applied to a time tested classic design, introducing the iOptron GEM45 & GEM45EC next-generation German equatorial mounts. A sharp looking CNC body is the first indicator the GEM45 is a top quality mount in both form and function. Utilizing lessons learned during development of our CEM series, we were able to remove unnecessary bulk giving the GEM45 an incredible 2.7 payload to mount weight ratio. This compact 15.8lb mount can precisely GOTO an object and track with up to 45lbs of gear onboard. With its integrated electronic polar scope (iPolar) polar alignment is a snap, even when the pole star is obscured. Large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its gears into place even when wearing gloves. There's little chance of your cables getting snagged with the GEM45's internal advanced cable management system. A new, patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) accommodates Losmandy and Vixen style dovetail plates. Both the GEM45 and the GEM45EC mounts utilize reliable stepper motor drive systems with our low power consumption technology. Looking for ultra precise tracking, the EC version with its high-resolution encoder delivers a PE < 0.25 arcsecond RMS. Our new LiteRoc 1.75" tripod delivers rock solid stability in a lighter, more compact package. A 212,000+ object library with star identification, GPS, Wi-Fi (requires optional iStarFi adapter) are a few of the desirable features standard on a GEM45 or GEM45 EC Mount.
- German equatorial design with innovative features
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
- Max payload of 45lbs (20.4kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8lbs (7.2 kg)
- Precision stepper motors yielding accurate GOTO pointing and precise tracking
- Go2Nova 8407+ controller with advanced GOTONOVA GOTO technology with built in heater
- PEC < +/-7arc-sec (GEM45), < .25 arc-sec rms (GEM45EC)
- Permanent PEC (PPEC) GEM45, real time PEC (RPEC) GEM45EC
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Integrated ST-4 auto guiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- New, patent pending iOptron universal self centering saddle
- Optional WiFi
- CNC machined metal body
- All new LiteRoc 1.75" tripod with improved stability and leg locks
Includes: Mount head, CW shaft, 10lb counterweight, Go2Noca 8407 hand controller with cord, LiteRoc 1.75" tripod.
Optional hard case for mount head, and optional encoder version available.