The USB 2.0 Ranger® 2304 is a four port USB 2.0 high speed extension solution, enabling USB 2.0 connections at up to 480Mbps over 100m/330ft of Cat 5e (or better) cabling, without the need of additional software drivers. A true plug-and-play solution, the Ranger 2304 is compatible with all leading operating systems, and supports all USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 peripherals such as flash drives, keyboards, mice, webcams and interactive whiteboards across a dedicated Cat 5e connection.
The Ranger 2304 is the latest USB 2.0 extender system from Icron, offering the same reliable USB 2.0 extension benefits as the Ranger 2204, but with faster throughputs when using read/write devices such as external hard drives as well as supporting a greater number of connections (up to 31 devices and hubs). The Ranger 2304 provides an integrated four port remote USB 2.0 powered hub delivering 600mA to each port.
- Extends USB range up to 100 yards/330 feet
- USB Device Support:
- Traffic Types: All USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Device Types: All USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 devices
- Supports all USB devices up to 480Mbps
- True plug and play. No drivers required
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Uses a standard solid core Cat 5e (or better) cable for easy installation
- Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- FCC Class B
- Rugged metal enclosure
Note that the remote unit requires power for proper operation (included AC power adapter is 24 volt DC output). Astro-Physics stocks units with the North American standard power adapter. UK, European and Australian adapters are available by special order and may require a small surcharge.
USB Ranger 2304 System Includes:
- Local extender unit (LEX)
- Remote extender unit (REX)
- 2 meter USB 2.0 cable
- AC power adapter
- Two year warranty from manufacturer
Note: A Cat 5e (or better) cable is required for use (not supplied).
More distantly remote observatories (over 100 yards/330 feet from the controlling computer) will generally require a computer or IP addressable server in the remote observatory itself, and a high speed internet connection for communication with your home computer. Such solutions are beyond the scope of Astro-Physics to supply or support.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.