LS152THa Pressure-Tuned Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
The Lunt LS152THa is currently the largest solar telescope available, and is sure to provide the most stunning balance of resolution and performance.
The 100% unobstructed system will perform to the highest level at both low and high magnifications. Utilizing both advanced high-contrast coatings, and the new Doppler True Pressure Tuning system, the user will be able to experience crisp, sharp, high magnification visual images, as well as utilize this system for high end digital processes.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user. Adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface.
While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
This system has an optional, interchangeable, CaK module allowing for the research of multiple wave lengths thru the same platform. You can also convert the LS152THa for nighttime viewing with a special backing plate & focuser kit.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS152THa Solar Telescope is perfect for the Intermediate to Advanced User.
- Advanced Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha dedicated system.
- A refractor-based system with a 152 mm front objective.
- An unobstructed internal HD Etalon with the Pressure Tuner allows for <0.65 Angstrom bandpass, providing slightly higher surface detail without the loss of edge detail.
- The system includes the mounting rings and dovetail, a Lunt Zoom Eyepiece, dust caps, and is delivered in an aluminum reinforced case.
LS152THa Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference HD Etalon
- Optical Aperture: 152 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.65 Angstrom @ 656 nm
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 900 mm
- F Ratio: f/6
- Focuser: 2″ Starlight Feather Touch Focuser
- Blocking Filter: B1200 Diagonal, B1800 Diagonal, or B3400 Straight-Thru (choose from packages listed below)
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 30 lb
Choose an LS152THa with the blocking filter that is right for you:
B1200 – for visual use
B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
No Blocking Filter – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
Looking at the Sun?
More Solar items >