- Adjusts back-focus between your camera and telescope for the best astroimaging results
- Kit includes 3 spacer rings of different lengths (7.5mm, 12mm, 30mm)
- Threads to your T-Ring and T-Adapter with standard male and female T-Threads
Example: RASA 8 with a ZWO ASI 183 MC PRO camera
- Required back-focus distance for RASA 8 with included M42 camera adapter: 25mm
- Back-focus consumed by ZWO ASI 183 MC PRO camera: 17.5mm
- To achieve equal back-focus distance, a 7.5mm M42 spacer ring is required
Celestron’s M42 Spacer Ring kit includes three different length spacer rings to achieve the proper back-focus distance with our popular Celestron optical tubes and T-thread camera adapters.
How to Use
Depending your method of astrophotography (DSLR or CCD/CMOS), there are two ways to use the M42 Spacer Ring. If you are using a DSLR, place the desired M42 Spacer Ring between your T-Ring and your T-Adapter for your optical tube. If you are using a CCD or CMOS camera, place the desired M42 Spacer Ring between the camera and the T-Adapter for your optical tube.
Below is a quick guide to help you determine which spacer ring to use for our EdgeHD, Schmidt-Cassegrain, and RASA 8 optical tubes:
|Spacer Ring Size:||Works best with:|
|7.5mm||Provides proper spacing with RASA 8 for many ZWO cameras|
|12mm||Provides proper spacing with RASA 8 for many Atik cameras|
|30mm||Converts ZWO camera w/filter slider to 55mm back-focus standard for use with Schmidt-Cassegrain & EdgeHD|
The M42 Spacer Rings are machined aluminum black anodized. The internal surfaces are blackened and glare-threaded to provide the highest contrast. Each spacer ring has a knurled surface, providing a great gripping surface for threading/unthreading. The M42 Spacer Rings are compatible with M42 x 0.75 (T-thread) camera adapters.
|Thread:||M42 x 0.75|
|Spacer lengths:||7.5mm (.29"), 12mm (.47"), 30mm (1.18")|
|Construction:||Aluminum black anodized|
|Interior:||Blackened and glare threaded|
|Exterior:||Knurled grip surface, each ring labeled with its length|
|California Residents||View Proposition 65 Warning|