The MicroTouch Autofocuser is designed to work with the popular Feathertouch line of focusers from Starlight Instruments. The MicroTouch allows autofocusing of a CCD camera when interfaced with a computer (via USB). Included features also include Temperature Compensation, Digital Readout, and Manual Operation. The MicroTouch works with both regular Feathertouch (Crayford-style or rack-and-pinion) focusers and the Feathertouch SCT MicroFocusers.
- Automatic focus with ASCOM-compatible software (FocusMax, MaxIm DL, ImagesPlus, etc)*
- Temperature compensation using built-in thermistor
- All electronics in single hand-controller box -- no separate hub and extra cables
- Manual control with hand-controller box for use visually or with video cameras/webcams
- MicroTouch software for configuring system and remote manual operation
* Note: Autofocusing with FocusMax requires MaxIm DL or CCDSoft for camera control interface.
- MicroTouch Hand Controller with Digital Readout
- Stepper Motor Unit*
- Motor Cable
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Power Supply (choose AC and/or DC when ordering)
- CD-ROM: MicroTouch control software, hardware drivers, ASCOM Platform, FocusMax software, and operating instructions
Please specify if you would like AC or DC power
The MicroTouch Autofocuser is ASCOM compatible.
* Included motor fits 2" Feathertouch Crayford focusers and Feathertouch SCT MicroFocusers (except old-style C14). For the old-style C14 MicroFocuser, choose the 2.0" original-style motor. Other motor options are available for Feathertouch 2.5", 3.0" and 3.5" focusers; direct-drive motors for Feathertouch 3.5" and TEC focusers; Skywatcher refractors; Stellarvue standard focusers; and Takahashi FSQ refractors. Choose the motor below.
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.