Pocket Powerbox (in short PPB) is suitable for the “grab and go” astrophotographer who does not want too much automation. Device can provide 10Amps of power, a sufficient number of 12V Outputs, Two Dew Heater Channels, A DSLR power output and an environmental sensor to monitor humidity and temperature.
The Pocket Powerbox provides:
- 4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
- 10 Amps of total power
- DSLR 8V Output (Can be switched ON/OFF)
- 2 Channels PWM Dew Heaters – RCA Outputs
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor (included)
- Auto Tune Dew Heaters
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- USB / PC Controlled
- Lightweight and extremely compact enclosure
4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
A powerful mosfet transistor provides “electric juice” to your precious equipment. It supply of electricity 4 outputs. Can switch on/off for all ports.
Built in Voltmeter
A precise voltmeter measures and displays in real time your input voltage. If the input is more than 14V, the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
Camera / DSLR Output
A 8Volt Output is suitable to provide power to your DSLR camera. We provide different battery couplers for Sony and Canon DSLR / Mirrorless Cameras
More than 10A of total power
Controller has been designed to support up to 10 Amps of total current
Pocket Powerbox can work “out of the box” as a standalone device. Just plug the cables, setup the “autodew” functionality and every time you boot the device, it will retrieve your settings. So, If you don’t like to connect a PC every time, you don’t have to. Simple as that!
Two channel duty cycle PWM outputs
Two Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your “thirsty” Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs)
Firmware can auto adjust the PWM Outputs by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click “Auto” and leave to Pocket Powerbox decide if it is time to switch on and precise tune your dew heaters.
ASCOM 6 Fully supported
Pocket powerbox fully supports ASCOM6. In combination with our main program which acts as a server you can use our latest ASCOM 6.3 supplied drivers to:
- Pass environmental settings to supported software (e.g Sequence Generator Pro / MaximDL ) (ASCOM ObservingConditions)
- Switch ON or OFF all 12V outputs. (ASCOM Switches)
INDI Fully supported
Pocket powerbox fully supports INDI, Bundle it with Stellarmate or any other device that can use INDILib.
Led Indications for power and failure states
Led can blink in patterns to warn you regarding important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Moreover light can be turned off using the software. Our led is very dim but in case you don’t like it on you can switch it off via the software.
Power Cables are included in the package
Four power cable of DC 2.1mm to 2.1mm male (1m) are included in the package.
External Environmental Sensor
External one (1) meter temperature & relative humidity sensor is included in the package. Know exactly the environment conditions of your location. Temperature, humidity and dew point measurements are displayed in the software.
Connect the device to your laptop/PC and control Pocket Powerbox from the supplied software or ASCOM drivers
Reverse Polarity Protection
Pocket Powerbox has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze – when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.
Compact Size and Lightweight
A hard plastic ABS lightweight and compact sized box enclose the controller board. Size is 109mm x 74mm x 25mm). Weight is 250 grams.
In the Box
|Pocket Powerbox Controller
|External Temperature / Humidity Sensor
|4 x Power DC 2.1 to 2.1 male cable (1m)
|USB Cable Type B (3m)
|12V – 13.8V DC (Reverse Polarity Protected)
|Power Input Connector
|USB2 – Type B USB Connector
|4 x 12 Outputs
|Maximum Current 8 Amps in total. 2.1mm Center Positive
Software: ON/OFF all ports
|2 Channel x 12 PWM Outputs
|Maximum Current 5A Each, Black Colored RCA Connector, Pulse Width Modulated (Suitable for Dew Heaters or Flatbox)
Software: Duty Cycle % / OFF
|1x Sensor Input
|Mini Stereo Socket, Connectivity with Environmental Sensor
0-100% humidity readings with 2-5% accuracy
|Camera / DSLR Output
|Max 1.5 Amps, 8Volt. 2.1mm Center Positive
|Measures 5 – 15V
|109mm x 74mm x 25mm , Weight 250 grams
Documentation and Software
- Power Supply Unit (12V / 10A) – 2.5mm Plug
- Battery Couplers
- Pegasus Astro currently support the following Couplers:
- Sony Mirrorless Coupler Compatible With
- A7 A7R A7S A7II A7RII A7SII
- FUJI Mirrorless Coupler NP-W126 Compatible With
- HS30EXR HS33EXR HS50EXR X-A1 X-E1 X-E2 X-M1 X-Pro1 X-T1 X-T2
- DR-E17 Compatible with:
- For Canon EOS M3 Mirrorless
- DR-E18 Compatible with:
- For Canon EOS Rebel T6s / EOS Rebel T6i | 760D/750D
- DR–E5 Compatible with:
- Canon 450D Rebel XSi
- Canon Digital Rebel XS (digital)
- Canon Digital Rebel XSi
- Canon EOS 1000D
- Canon EOS 450D
- Canon EOS 500D
- Canon EOS Kiss F
- Canon EOS Kiss X2
- Canon EOS Kiss X3
- Canon EOS Rebel T1i
- DR-E6 (Canon leadership cameras)
- Compatible with Canon 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, 6D, 60D, 60Da, 7D, 70D
- DR-E8 (Canon medium range cameras)
- Compatible with Canon EOS 700D, Canon EOS 650D, Canon EOS 600D, Canon EOS 550D.
- DR-E10 (Entry camera models)
- Compatible with Canon EOS 1100D and 1200D.
- DR-400 (Older camera models)
- Compatible with Canon 5D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, D60, D30
- Power Cable for Skywatcher EQ6R / AZ-EQ6 Mount
- Power Cable for Skywatcher EQ8 Mount