- Fully-multi-coated optics assure maximum light transmission resulting in high quality viewing. Every surface of every element is fully coated minimizing internal glare and flare and giving a bright clear view.
- Unique Uni-body design enhances durability by locking objective lenses in a single housing and synchronizing the eyepiece movement. This minimizes moving parts and assures these binoculars will function properly and clearly for years to come.
- Aspherical lens elements, which are critical in compact binoculars, provide exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness. This assures that items on the edge of your field of view are just as sharp as those in the center.
- Available in 6.5x21 and 8.5 x 21 magnifications.
- Features the PENTAX-developed Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering mechanism, which automatically slides the left and right objective lenses toward the center when the focus is fixed at a short distance. As a result, the right and left image fields are correctly aligned to facilitate close-range viewing.
- Specifically developed to satisfy user demands for close-range observation of butterflies and other insects. Thanks to its go-anywhere portability, this series is also ideal for conventional binocular subjects, including spectator sports, travel and hiking.
PENTAX quality and clarity are within reach, at a price that’s within reach, too. These compact porro-prism models feature a dual-axis, single body design with synchronized eyepiece adjustment. Aspherical lens elements give you edge-to-edge sharpness. Clear images and clearly affordable.
|Type||Porro prism, centre focusing (Linked-dual-axis)|
|Model No.||62001 - Papilio 6.5x21|
|Model No.||62002-RIM - Papilio 8.5x21|
|Eye Relief||15 mm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||21 mm|
|Real Field of View||7.5º|
|Field of view at 1000m||131 m|
|Field of view at 1000 yards||393 ft.|
|Exit Pupil||3.2 mm|
|Diopter Adjustment||Center Pop-up|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±8m-1|
|Eye Width Adjustment Range||56 to 74 mm / 2.2 to 2.8 inches|
|Focusing Range||0.5 m to infinity / 1.6 ft. to Infinity|
|Eyepiece Ring||Helicoid eyepiece ring (3 click stop)|
|Height & Width||114 x 110 mm / 4.5 inches x 4.3 inches|
|Thickness||55 mm / 2.2 inches|
|Apparent Field of View||46º|
|Weight||290g / 10.2 oz..|
|Lens Construction (Objective lens / Eyepiece lens)||2 elements - 1 group / 5 elements - 5 groups|