Polemaster (No Adapter)
This item is out of stock but you can place an order now and we’ll ship when it becomes available.
FREE CONUS SHIPPING!
This is the Pole master camera only (no adapter is included).
PoleMaster - a high precision, easy to use electric polar scope
Now there is a great solution to this age-old problem: The PoleMaster is an innovative product pioneered by QHYCCD to relieve the pain of polar alignment. Using the PoleMaster and following a few simple, easy-to-follow steps, you can achieve that perfect polar alignment in 2-3 minutes, with an accuracy of up to 30 arc seconds.
How does PoleMaster work? The idea is actually fairly simple. You find out where the pole is, then determine the mechanical axis of rotation of your mount, and make the two coincide. While the idea is simple, it has never been implemented in a commercial product - until now. The PoleMaster makes use of a super sensitive wide field imaging camera along the RA axis to monitor the polar region in real time (it not only detects Polaris but also the dimmer stars surrounding Polaris). From the positions of these stars PoleMaster can determine the position of the true pole and compare that to the mechanical axis of RA rotation. Polar alignment is now a simple matter of moving the two centers of rotation so they overlap. Piece of cake!
In comparison with other polar alignment techniques, PoleMaster has the following advantages:
1. Speed and convenience: With PoleMaster you do not need to move the telescope to a specific place just to unblock the polar scope. You do not need to kneel or contort your body to look through the polar scope. You do not need to fully dark adapt just to see the pole star. You do not need to level your mount. You do not need to worry about entering the date and time in your handset and figure out where to rotate the mount to coincide with the current pole star position.
2. Accuracy: With a high precision camera, one can achieve accuracy not achievable with the naked eye. The imaging camera in PoleMaster has a resolution of 30 arc-seconds, so the best polar alignment that can be achieved by PoleMaster is also on the order of 30 arc-seconds.
3. Wide angle view of the polar region: A wide field of view of 11x8 degrees makes it very easy to locate the pole star
4. Easy to install: PoleMaster can be easily installed onto any equatorial mount through mount-specific adapters, even on mounts without a polar scope.
5. Real time polar alignment checking / adjustment: By using PoleMaster you can monitor your polar alignment in real time. In the event that polar alignment is lost, it is now a simple matter to bring it back without having to start from scratch.
6. Three star alignment no longer needed: Once you are polar aligned, you will only need to perform one star alignment - a real time saver.
7. Perfect companion to single axis mounts: When used with single (RA-only) axis mount, good polar alignment will minimize drift in the DEC axis therefore maximizing the performance of your mount.
The QHYCCD PoleMaster is patented with the China Patent and International PCT. Please use only the genuine QHYCCD product. Your support is always appreciated and will take QHYCCD to the next level in providing excellent products and service to fellow amateur astronomers.
QHYCCD OEMs: PoleMaster and iOptron. QHYCCD has granted a license to iOptron to display the iOptron logo on PoleMaster for use only with iOptron equatorial mounts. For other brands of mounts please use only the QHYCCD branded PoleMaster.