Characteristics of Astro-Physics Piers
- Unique tension design combines rugged construction with light weight, while reducing flexure and annoying vibrations.
- Legs and tension rods attach without hardware, allowing field assembly in minutes.
- Stainless steel turnbuckles allow you to make fine adjustments for polar alignment or minor leveling.
- The center posts are constructed of aluminum tubing, the base construction is thick-wall aluminum and the legs are steel for strength.
- Aluminum and steel parts are powder coated in a black wrinkle finish.
- Astro-Physics 6", 8" and 10" Pier Accessory Trays (TRAY08) Eyepiece Accessory Trays (TRAY08H) and tray support bars (TRAYSB and TRAYSB1) keep your accessories close at hand.
- 42" piers have 3 additional holes 8.5" from top for tray attachment (compensates for turnbuckle placement)
- Piers may contain minor cosmetic Mount flaws, i.e. slight indentations or irregular paint pattern.
Advantages of Astro-Physics Piers
- Lightweight, breaks down into easily manageable pieces for easy transport & lifting.
- Very sturdy pier for its mass.
- Piers typically in stock for immediate shipment.
- 62" height available as standard item.
- Readily available in 6" diameter size.
- Less expensive.
- Can purchase another pier post with a different height as separate item to use with different telescope.
- Longest component is pier post which is 8" shorter than assembled height, easy to fit into your car.
- 6" Pier can be used for Losmandy G11 mount with our LM2APT Adapter.
- The 8" extension for our 6" Eagle pier (EAGLE6E8)can also be attached to our 6" diameter piers and used as a convenient way to increase the height of your setup.
Pier for 800, 900 and 1100 Mounts (800 mount will not fit in 24" Pier.)
|height of pier||24"||32"||42"||48"||54"||62"|
|diameter of post||8"||8"||8"||8"||8"||8"|
|wall thickness of post||0.125"||0.125"||0.125"||0.125"||0.125"||0.125"|
|length of legs||25"||25"||25"||25"||25"||25"|
|weight of pier post||6 lbs||8 lbs||11 lbs||14 lbs||16 lbs||18 lbs|
|weight of pier base||11 lbs||11 lbs||11 lbs||11 lbs||11 lbs||11 lbs|
|weight of 3 legs||20 lbs||20 lbs||20 lbs||20 lbs||20 lbs||20 lbs|
|weight of 3 struts||5 lbs||5 lbs||5 lbs||5 lbs||5 lbs||5 lbs|
|total weight assembled||42 lbs||44 lbs||47 lbs||50 lbs||52 lbs||54 lbs|
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.