How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters - Dovetail Mount
Camera side Adapters for the Pyxis 2-inch rotator.
Optec 2.3" Dovetail Mount
The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used by NextGEN line of telecompressors, the Pyxis 2-inch camera field rotator, the IFW 2-inch filter wheel, and the Perseus 4-port Instrument Selector.
These mounts allow easy connections from any of these devices to a variety of camera mount. One side of each adapter below has the Optec 2.3" dovetail mount and the other side presents a camera specific mount, such as the T-thread, or C-mount. If your camera or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call. We are constantly adding new adapters to our catalog.
Each camera mount is held in place with three set screws and can be adjusted a full 360-degrees for best rotational alignment.
#17648 - Pyxis SCT Short-Thread Camera Mount
SCT Short-Thread Camera Mount
The #17648 SCT Short Thread mount attaches directly to equipment using the shorter variety of SCT Threads and presents an OPTEC-2300 dovetail for attaching devices with an OPTEC-2300 receiver.
- Outside Diameter: 2.45" (62.2mm)
- Overall Height: 0.55" (14mm)
- Clear Aperture: 1.78" (45.2mm)
- Weight: 1.44 oz (40.8 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.1" (2.54mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: OPTEC-2300 Dovetail
- Camera Side Connection: 2" SCT Short-Threads
Buy risk-free: When it’s time to trade up you’ll get the most value for your used gear.