How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-2380 Camera Adapters - Threaded Mounting Rings
Mounting Ring Adapters for the IFW and MAXfilter 2"
Optec 2.380" Threaded Mounting Ring
Reverse Mounting Ring To 2-inch Nosepiece (17761)
The #17761 Reverse Mounting Ring allows the IFW to be mounted in reverse orientation at whatever angle of rotation is best for the entire optical setup. When attached to the IFW with the filter wheel in the reversed orientation (motor toward telescope OTA), the #17761 presents a rigid 2-inch nosepiece for insertion into any 2-inch or larger focuser. A dovetail cut matches the TCF focuser thumbscrews for extra holding power.
- Outside Diameter (flange): 2.7" (68.5mm)
- Overall Height: 2.365" (60.0mm)
- Clear Aperture: 1.8" (45.5mm)
- Weight: 2.8 oz (80 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.09" (2.3mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: 2-inch Nosepiece
- Camera Side Connection: OPTEC-2380 Thread (IFW Reversed)