How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-3000 3-inch Mounts
3-inch Adapters for the TCF-S3", Pyxis 3" and IFW 3"
Optec 3-inch "Push-Fit" Mount
The OPTEC-3000 3-inch mounts "push-fit" into any 3-inch receiver including the TCF-S3, IFW-3 #17367 Rear Cover Plate, and Pyxis 3" rotator. Similar to a 2-inch eyepiece barrel or 2-inch camera nosepiece, the OPTEC-3000 series appears as a 3-inch nosepiece for convenient, yet secure mounting. All the OPTEC-3000 mounts have a machined dovetail to match the thumbscrews, setscrews, and other mounting hardware for all our 3-inch product line.
If your camera or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call. We are constantly adding new adapters to our catalog.
#17760 - Reverse Mounting Ring To OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mount
The #17760 Reverse Mounting Ring allows products with an OPTEC-3000 Receiver to be mounted to the threaded side of IFW systems. This allows the IFW to be mounted in reverse orientation and at whatever angle of rotation is best for the entire optical setup. No longer will you be limited to working with whatever orientation a tightly-screwed thread gives you!
- Outside Diameter: 3.45" (87.6mm)
- Overall Height: 0.68" (17.3mm)
- Clear Aperture: 2.1" (53.3mm)
- Weight: 1.92 oz (54.4 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.08" (2.03mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: OPTEC-3000 Dovetail
- Camera Side Connection:: 2" Mount Thread (Reversed IFW)