The RST-135 uses a new type of gear called a strain wave gear. Due to the strong force provided by the strain wave gear and motor, a counterweight is not needed. The mount weights only 3.3kg (7.27lbs), but can carry a payload up to 13.5kg (29.76lbs). Rainbow Astro calls this breakthrough mount a Weightless Mount. The volume and weight of the mount is no longer a problem when travelling for astrophotography.
New! - Renishaw Encoders
- Very low periodic error of +/- 2.5 arcseconds peak to peak
- Same size and weight as the original RST-135
- Shoot "unguided" at focal lengths up to 500 mm
Compact and light
- The mount weighs only 3.3kg (7.27lbs). You do not need a separate bag for the mount: Just put it in your backpack.
Equatorial / Alt-Az dual Mount
- You can easily change between Equatorial mode and Alt-Az mode, allowing for both photographic and visual use of your instrument.
No counterweight needed
- You do not need a counterweight to use the mount and it can carry a payload up to 13.5kg (29.76lbs).
Beauty of a machined product
- Feel the beauty of a machined product. All parts of RST-135 are made by machining a solid block. The RST-135 is the perfect premium mount.
Strain wave gear
- The strain wave gear is a new type of gear that is widely used in industrial robots. There is no backlash.
- This mount has built-in WiFi in the hand controller. You can control and auto-guide the mount without running a cable to your PC.
Built-in GPS receiver
- The built-in GPS receiver eliminates the need to enter your location during each session or if you travel with the mount.
Built-in Home sensor
- The home sensor finds the mechanical origin by itself. This is useful for remote observation.
- Mount Type
- Equatorial / Alt-Az Dual Mount
- Type of Gear
- Strain Wave Gear
- 13.5kg (30lbs) - No counterweight
- 18kg (40lbs) – Using a counterweight
- Slew Speed
- 6º / Second
- Latitude Range
- 0º to 90º
- Power Input
- 12 to 16V DC
- Power Consumption
- 0.2A - Tracking, 16V
- 3A - Slewing, 16V
- 3.3kg (7.3lbs)
- 130 x 120 x 190
- AL 6061, Steel, Brass
- Supports ASCOM Drivers
- Hand Controller Included
- Additional Function
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in GPS Receiver
- Built-in Home Sensor